SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any recommendations for a good buffer pedal?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Loving my Empress Buffer+ (two buffers, boost and tuner out!)
    Does that boost give any sort of grit when engaged?

Also where did you get yours from, was it imported?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    The Korg DT-10 tuner has a good buffer, though it's quite a large tuner and is relatively basic. Good first pedal though.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
    edited January 2014
    Visual Sound truetone.  Brilliant clean boost with tons on tap, best buffer in the business.

Not cheap though.  About £100.

Edit: All of the cheaper Garagetone range have the exact same buffer.  You can pick up a chainsaw distortion for £35.
    edited January 2014
    Really? That'd be cheaper than the empress I'd imagine.
  • Deijavoo said:
    Really? That'd be cheaper than the empress I'd imagine.
    To be fair, it's great and the enclosure is as tough as they get, and the switches are the best around (10 million hits) but the enclosure is fairly large and £100 for an eastern made pedal that's probably a pretty simple circuit isn't that cheap.  

But they sound really great.  The chainsaw distortion... I've no idea a bout what it is, it's a cool sounding distortion but not conventional sounding.  Doesn't do 'pretty' sounds.  

The Drivetrain is a good sounding overdrive though, and again, has the same buffer.

The garagetone pedals have regular switches, same as any other pedal. The normal, more expensive ones have the big circle ones which are crazy good.  No click, though, if that weirds you out.
    JayB said:
    Don't know if you are sorted yet but i really recommend the Fredric fx buffer. Goes under my pedal train 2 with i bit of pedalboard tape. Job done and it really does the job extremely well. It's really cheap for the quality that it is too..

Hope it helps
    I think we have a winner. Cheers mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Got the Fredric and it seems to do the trick. Once I swap my tuner from buffered to tb I think I'll notice the marginal difference more. :-D