No Jet City JCA45 (JTM45 clone) coming to UK

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
edited October 2016 in Amps
I tweeted Jet City to see when will be availability in UK  and told is not going to be offered here... Shame.
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1399
    There was a Kickstarter or something to order a bulk load from China, can't remember if it went through. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Marshall warned them off?
  • I believe they're not legally allowed to sell them here (and possibly throughout Europe) - something to do with the materials used to make them, or some such.
    <space for hire>
  • The good news is that the Amelia will be sold here. That's the amp everyone really wants anyway, so I'm not too upset about the JCA45.
    <space for hire>
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    They are actually quite pricey compared to the rest of their range.

Are there no suitable alternatives? 
  • I suspect they'll all start getting quite pricey over here - the exchange rate hardly works in our favour for buying from an American company and shipping from China.

Looking on MF, I think we can safely say the Amelia's going to be £400 - £500. Not budget, but hardly bank-breaking in context.
    <space for hire>
  • What's the Amelia aboot?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    @digitalscream ;
     Surely if it's listed 450 ish on MF, it'll be much higher here?

Actually take it back

MF list the JCA22H at £303 and Thomann has it at £250

Damn, man...have you been hiding under a rock or something?

Depending on who you believe, it may-or-may-not-be a mass-produced version of the Jet City Earhart, which - depending on who you believe - may-or-may-not-be based on the Cornford MK50 mk II.

Essentially, the Jet City guys say the answer to both of those is "no". Everyone who's played the prototypes says "yes".
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Depending on who you believe, it may-or-may-not-be a mass-produced version of the Jet City Earhart, which - depending on who you believe - may-or-may-not-be based on the Cornford MK50 mk II.

Essentially, the Jet City guys say the answer to both of those is "no". Everyone who's played the prototypes says "yes".
    Woah...... Sorry man, you know I only get gear you have owned. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :D
    <space for hire>
  • I've never played a JC amp. 
    They ain't really been on my radar. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7734
    I've never played a JC amp. 
    Same here.

so to hear in one thread that they do a JTM45 clone (yay) and they we are not getting it (boo) is a bummer!

Are they good generally? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

Are they good generally? 
    I've probably had more JC amps than most people here, mainly because I keep selling them and then discovering that the new acquisition is in no way an improvement.

The ones I've had have never let me down, sound excellent and cost barely more than a revalve. They're essentially everything I want in a valve amp.

As for the JCA45, I have no idea. It's not really my sort of amp and I've never heard one, so I can't judge.
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73054
    Not bothered. Can't see the point in yet another JTM45 clone.

I'd be interested to know what the material that (presumably) contravened EU RoHS regs is though… as far as I know the only one commonly used in guitar amps in opto-couplers, so Fender had to do a complex mod on their reissue amps with opto tremolo.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    What's the Amelia aboot?

He's been too busy about the house with his chores to bother about new amps.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1399
    ICBM said:

I'd be interested to know what the material that (presumably) contravened EU RoHS regs is though… as far as I know the only one commonly used in guitar amps in opto-couplers, so Fender had to do a complex mod on their reissue amps with opto tremolo.
    They were meant to be good quality, hand wired on eyelet/turret board or something I think. Like the Joyo Tweed Champs.

I read about these a really long time ago so I could be [read: probably am] way off the truth.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2739
    ICBM said:

I doubt it would be RoHS as most territories outside the EU have some form of RoHS regs.

More likely they haven't got approvals for some aspect of the design, e.g. transformers.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31938
    TimmyO said:
    I've never played a JC amp. 
    Same here.

so to hear in one thread that they do a JTM45 clone (yay) and they we are not getting it (boo) is a bummer!

Are they good generally? 
    I've had five Jet City amps (still gigging two of them) and a Jettenuator and yes, they're well built and sound excellent.
  • @digitalscream ;

Any news on a U.K. Sale date for the Amelia?