No Jet City JCA45 (JTM45 clone) coming to UK

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2293
    Always used to amuse me when people would say "Mark 50" when discussing the Cornford MK50 and its variants. 

If you are unaware, it stands for Martin Kidd 50. 

The Earhart (sp?) or now Amelia is basically a clone of the Cornford MK50. Although Doug seems to have dispelled that rumour a little with his comments on the above Facebook page. Interesting that MK should comment on there maybe slightly facetiously/tongue in cheek. 

Either way, fairly sure it'll be a great amp. Most Jet City's are. 

On the back of the JCA's it says Soldano designed. 
    Wonder if it'll say anything similar on the back of the Amelia. 

True fact: Amelia Earhart was a bit of a female aviation pioneer and was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic. 

Maybe there might be a little bit of a clue in its name too. Maybe not. Probably reading faaaarrr too much into that one. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31938
    It doesn't say Soldano-designed on the Custom 22, so I'm guessing not. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    It doesn't say Soldano-designed on the Custom 22, so I'm guessing not. 
    The Custom 22 is the Soldano-designed JCA22H, heavily modded by Martin Kidd with a totally revoiced preamp and an instrument-level effects loop.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31938
    Exactly @digitalscream, my other JC amps had Soldano-designed written on them but I'm guessing it would've been cheeky with the Custom 22 as it's not longer purely his. 
  • I'm hungover, @p90fool, so I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • On a different note I just got hold of Amplitube 3 and 4

I find that the best sounding high gain amps on it are the Jet city's 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader

@jpfamps said:
    @ICBM said:
    Not bothered. Can't see the point in yet another JTM45 clone.

I'd be interested to know what the material that (presumably) contravened EU RoHS regs is though… as far as I know the only one commonly used in guitar amps in opto-couplers, so Fender had to do a complex mod on their reissue amps with opto tremolo.

I doubt it would be RoHS as most territories outside the EU have some form of RoHS regs.

More likely they haven't got approvals for some aspect of the design, e.g. transformers.
    exactly this, Transformers, not made or tested to EU standards..if you asked that Chinese supplier to CE mark anything they would openly say they can't.

• http://www.jetcityamplification.com/amelia

Some great sounding demos up now.

Having owned an MK50 and recorded extensively with one for years I must say it does sound just like it. If a little brighter but that can be dialled out 

There's a chap on the jet city FB group who owns an Earhart too and he says it's a little brighter than the Earhart and that backs up the official demo samples 

He's apparently recording new demos and comparisons to the Earhart on Monday. Excited to hear his thoughts 

Even if it's 90% there at under £500 it's a steal. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73054
    Nerine said:

True fact: Amelia Earhart was a bit of a female aviation pioneer and was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic. 

Maybe there might be a little bit of a clue in its name too. Maybe not. Probably reading faaaarrr too much into that one. 

She also famously disappeared without trace on a flight around the world, and is now either at the bottom of the Pacific ocean or buried on a remote uninhabited island, depending on which theory you believe... so seems a bit of a strange choice to name an amp after!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Nerine said:

She also famously disappeared without trace on a flight around the world, and is now either at the bottom of the Pacific ocean or buried on a remote uninhabited island, depending on which theory you believe... so seems a bit of a strange choice to name an amp after!
    Not really. Jet City is the name of the company, after all, and she's the most famous female aviator. More pertinently, the Earhart was supposed to be the first amp made directly across the Atlantic (ie in the UK), and the Amelia is based on it.

Makes sense, even if she did crash... ;)
    <space for hire>
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1399
    ICBM said:
    Nerine said:

They found remains that are probably hers on an island populated by coconut crabs. So she's probably crab dinner.

(potentially gross vid warning)