Playing in Middle Age verus your Younger Days

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I used to hate rehearsing and love gigging when I was younger. now I don't massively enjoy gigging - not enough good ones, but really like rehearsing. Older, so have a great room, great gear, just love playing it loud :) but can't be arsed with all the lugging about. does pay the gear bills though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    There are pros and cons to everything or so they say. Well, I think there's no con if you're young. You've got time, probably no kids or wife, you've got dreams (some of them are beautifully idiotic and far fetched, but dreaming is the core of the matter!), huge etc. Plus it's easier for you to learn when you're young. Being a musician is always majestic, even if you're 75. But how I wish I was 20 again!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I gigged solidly from 17-24. Then I stopped, went to Uni as a mature student, took a lot of drugs & listened to a lot of bad dance music. When I returned to gigging at 33. I was amazed at how  promoters were piling bands on top of each other & how the whole "landfill indie" thing had taken off.

im a much better player now. But I think certainly in London, no one gives a shit about people playing original music. To be honest I think there's better scenes in the North & Midlands.
  • Right at this moment, I've got little drive for it. 
    Anybody want to buy my violet PRS? :lol: 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Right at this moment, I've got little drive for it. 

@thomasross20 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xJgv3U9y_yA/T4nYdRMrtlI/AAAAAAAAefM/ZH79yOD2h-4/s1600/Cinemagram2.gif
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    jeztone2 said:
     But I think certainly in London, no one gives a shit about people playing original music. To be honest I think there's better scenes in the North & Midlands.
    In that case it must be a barren wasteland in London... cos there's fuck all interest around here!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    jeztone2 said:
    I gigged solidly from 17-24. Then I stopped, went to Uni as a mature student, took a lot of drugs & listened to a lot of bad dance music. When I returned to gigging at 33. I was amazed at how  promoters were piling bands on top of each other & how the whole "landfill indie" thing had taken off.

im a much better player now. But I think certainly in London, no one gives a shit about people playing original music. To be honest I think there's better scenes in the North & Midlands.
    Since going to Madrid the quality amd variety of live music their has been an eye opener. 
  • DLM said:
    Right at this moment, I've got little drive for it. 

@thomasross20 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xJgv3U9y_yA/T4nYdRMrtlI/AAAAAAAAefM/ZH79yOD2h-4/s1600/Cinemagram2.gif
    :)

I know... I hope I return to normal. 
    I'm actually enjoying work (!!) more just now and thinking of selling gear. I've got about £10k worth of gear lying around not getting used much, especially since I'm no longer gigging (electric-wise, anyway).