Crap auditions

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• nickpnickp Frets: 183
    Don't let it put you off. Most people play worse in front of people than they do in the comfort of their own homes. It's something you can work on just like you can work on your technique. Perhaps you should seek out some mates and have a regular jam or something. When I look back at my guitar playing it's easy for me to think I haven't really got any better, but one thing that's definitely changed is that I can play at a good percentage of my full ability when I'm stood on stage, can barely hear myself and have some pissed bloke shouting abuse at me.
    and this!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    Turned up to a stoner metal audition, bassist was tuned to drop B but didn't let me know beforehand. I had 009-042 in standard tuning. She asked me to tune down to B which was impossible with that gauge. We jammed for 2 hours as best as I could. Harrowing.
  • We auditioned drummers for a band once, we had 3 in mind, one was a really nice guy, but with a terrible kit and not that great. One was the guy we settled on, good sound, seemed nice guy(and had a big van) and the last was very very good player but a complete prick, he literally flashed round the kit, put his sticks down and said "ok you know how good I am call me when you are ready". Needless to say I didn't!