I'm gonna need a smaller pedal board".

What's Hot
frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
edited January 2014 in FX
So just as I'm getting into 1590a enclosures - this happens <-- that's a link by the way... to click.

Mooer are creating a smaller range called Spark, go and check em out...
A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    Nice idea and I like the Micro DI.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    They were announced a while ago ( early 2013?), I think back in the day there was a thread on MR. Never seem to have materialised in the UK though.

I did watch a demo of the multi modulation thing ( the non Spark one)that is new on there, as it happens, the other day. It sounded bloody awful but they may have been the quality of the demo. Very cheap multi fx sound, although that's what it is I suppose.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27081
    edited January 2014
    And they're branching out into power supplies, DI boxes, USB interface etc.

If that stuff turns out to be as good as their other products, I may start to get even more interested...as it is, I just have the phaser at the mo.
    <space for hire>
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    My mini board only sports a Reecho and Eleclady at present

• Aww, cute! Love the colour schemes, too.

Sadly, I reckon I'd kill the knobs on it. Nice things, though, and if you're not like me (a stomping idiot) you could fit millions on a board the size of @bucket 's.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    edited January 2014
    frankus said:
    My mini board only sports a Reecho and Eleclady at present

still sounds like something for getting rid of unwanted hair!

On my board I have a spare 9v supply going begging and a space for something properly tiny but I wouldn't need much. A Spark Flanger, hmm. The Sparks also do that rather neat glowing thing.

[can't get bloody image to work. But they do]
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Aww, cute! Love the colour schemes, too.

Sadly, I reckon I'd kill the knobs on it. Nice things, though, and if you're not like me (a stomping idiot) you could fit millions on a board the size of @bucket 's.
    That's my big board you're thinking of, I still have that but I'm currently building a smaller one as well.

I'm looking for a compressor and I've been meaning to check out a Mooer or two...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited January 2014
    @frankus I'm currently pining for a digital delay and the reecho has come up as an option.

How is it?

it's pretty good - two of the settings are proper keepers...
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    As long as you don't have to turn things on/off mid song, why not?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Surely those Spark micro-pedals a beginning to transcend practicality?  
  • I imagine they'd be really good if you have a switching set up, so you could effectively compose a small but personalised multi fx and just leave them on all the time, switching them in or out with the switcher. Alternatively if they are "always on" effects, like reverb, could just sit pretty in your fx loop on top of the amp and be pretty discrete I guess
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I'm really hoping that smd pedals go even smaller and modular...

choose the effect you want (MN3007 delay
    choose the LFO, expression, envelope follower, midi relay you want...

but really I want it so you can customise the interface so much as to turn the effects into part of the performance, I think that's why we like wahs.

If it's all modular and voltage control interfaces there's no reason your picking strength can't determine the speed of a chorus or have the LFO shared among 5 effects and sent to a midi output.

... I've got a pedal train mini board set up with Mooer, Malekko, PiggyFX  and AMT gear because it's got all the functionality of my PT2 but it's much easier to lug about... also the sounds are a bit more oddball :)
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Branshen said:
    http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=119

Check this out! Isolated power supply the size of mooer pedal!
    Thats the only good thing they've come up with, i've often thought power supplies are too big and bulky. Hate the rest of Mooers pedals, they all sound total dogleg to me.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    timmysoft said:
    Thats the only good thing they've come up with, i've often thought power supplies are too big and bulky. Hate the rest of Mooers pedals, they all sound total dogleg to me.
    I just don't get that. 

I've A/Bed the phaser and RAT against originals and they are as near as makes no difference. 

Until I got my Flint I've been using a Trelecopter and it's absolutely superb.No idea if it's an accurate Tremulator, but outside of the Flint the best trem I've used. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, the reecho, orange phase, eleclady and trellicopter are awesome pedals.

I swapped the orange phase for a malekko phaser just because the malekko is a bit different, the orange phaser is pretty much the same sound as my whirlwind orange box (which I love).

I was building a Hollis Zombie Chorus but the eleclady does all that stuff and more..

I've regularly pondered about replacing the PiggyFX Schweinfleisch with a grey faze...

I sold the trellicopter because I'm making a Tremulus Lune in a 1590a enclosure..

They're great pedals - the Eno copies (which might have been Mooers done a bit cheaper for a little while) aren't as good and I suspect there was a time they were labelled as Mooers... but Mooers are the big batty boom bombtastic.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    timmysoft said:
    Branshen said:
    http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=119

Check this out! Isolated power supply the size of mooer pedal!
    ...i've often thought power supplies are too big and bulky.

It does sit better on a board, and is nice and compact with 8 isolated outs, *but* you still need a PSU to supply it with 12 DC somewhere.

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    frankus said: I'm really hoping that smd pedals go even smaller and modular... 
    choose the effect you want (MN3007 delay
    choose the LFO, expression, envelope follower, midi relay you want...

but really I want it so you can customise the interface so much as to turn the effects into part of the performance, I think that's why we like wahs.

If it's all modular and voltage control interfaces there's no reason your picking strength can't determine the speed of a chorus or have the LFO shared among 5 effects and sent to a midi output.

I do like your thinking frankus.

They are almost down to the size of Leggo blocks, I think it would be fun to treat them like that in a modular system.  The options for switching and real time parameter control would be the hard part, (no two guitarists think the same (thankfully)), but with a bit of consideration, it could be the start of an innovative new approach.

That was my first thought too, when I saw your post, "Leggo Effects", both cute and functional...
    :)

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    timmysoft said:
    I just don't get that. 

I've A/Bed the phaser and RAT against originals and they are as near as makes no difference. 

Until I got my Flint I've been using a Trelecopter and it's absolutely superb.No idea if it's an accurate Tremulator, but outside of the Flint the best trem I've used. 
    I didnt think the rat clone was very good, i'm a big fan of the Rat2 and i've used one a hell of a lot and for the me the Mooer didnt have the same "dimension" to the sound, it just felt cheap and sounded nasty to me. Some people swear by them, but i just dont like them.