Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16976
    Interestingly the plate and control layout we associate with the moderne was a new design for the 80's "reissue".  The 50's drawings only includes basic shape of body and headstock.  There is a much larger plate design used on ibanez copies which may or may not have been the original design.  It's the same on the billy g and  Dan Erlewine example which have Gibsons normal headstock... possibly prototypes, possibly not.

all reissues since have had the 80's designed plate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frownfrown Frets: 32
    Fender, Jeff Beck - with the original huge neck.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16976
    50's patent

1976 Ibanez Futura

1982 Gibson moderne - the first gibson production version

2012 Gibson moderne - the first actual reissue... new headstock shape

the myths and legends

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One trick I think Fender has missed is doing limited runs of famous customised Fender guitars - such as Gilmour's 'Pulse era' red Strat with EMGs or Ry Cooder's Sonic Blue Strat with horse shoe pick-up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • One trick I think Fender has missed is doing limited runs of famous customised Fender guitars - such as Gilmour's 'Pulse era' red Strat with EMGs or Ry Cooder's Sonic Blue Strat with horse shoe pick-up.
    The latter is very unlikely to happen as the only person I know as far as I am aware who makes such a horse shoe pickup is Jason Lollar who kind of makes it under the counter.  

Fender should make a Supro style Coodercaster or a Blake Mills style one. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    You're in charge of production at the brand of your choice.
    What reissue do you add to the 2017 line up as a last minute surprise?

I'm going with Gibson & the SG Jr. It's been a few years since they did them. 

Yum...

p90fool said:
    ES125T, and sell it for 600 quid. 

...and yummer!
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105
    Fender HM (Heavy Metal) Strat

17" radius maple board super shredder,wish i could find one in the UK that's not black & been beat to shit...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9716
    edited November 2016
    ICBM said:
    ICBM said:
    Rickenbacker acoustics.
    I felt that they were actually very average as acoustics... still, they looked cool !
    I played a couple that were fantastic. I could have got them at decent - though still expensive - prices through the shop I worked for at the time, but they were more than I could really afford, so I thought "I'll just wait until a second hand one comes up"… then of course they discontinued them and the second hand prices went up to well above the original new price. Doh.
    Really mate ??

Man, I am surprised. I owned 2 (well, one and one lent to me - but for ages) and they were just 'ok'.... genuinely.

I had them from the Rics R Us guy, IIRC...
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    Alnico said:
    Gibson Les Paul Junior
    Mainstream production model, original spec.
    Single Cut - £499
    Double Cut - £599
    I'm with this but with the LP Special too. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    keir said:
    Alnico said:
    Gibson Les Paul Junior
    Single Cut - £499
    Double Cut - £599
    Nah - don't want them Specials reissued - it'll make them as common as muck ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Parker Fly
    Gibson Dusk Tiger
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Epiphone Riviera - they do the occasional special run like the P93 with a Bigsby, but there's something brilliant about a semi-hollow with P90s. (It has nothing to do with me loving Nick Valensi)

Fender Marauder - I remember people slaughtering Fender on forums when these were released a few years ago, but apart from the pickup configuration, I thought they looked pretty cool.
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    SG2000/ 3000 of course. 

Or I would have Aria do the Esprit. 
    I agree about the Yamaha SG and would add the SG1000—personally I find the set-neck SG1000 sounds better than the otherwise identical neck-through SG2000.

It’s a pity Yamaha discontinued the reissues circa 2011-2012.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3702
    keir said:
    Alnico said:
    Gibson Les Paul Junior
    Single Cut - £499
    Double Cut - £599
    And in proper TV yellow.

Then even I would get my wallet out.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    dindude said:
    I reckon if Squier released a limited version of the Swinger for under £300 they'd sell a boatload.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/image_zpshvoziib5.jpeg

Dude, I came here to say this!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11527
    Electric: A factory built Tele with early 50's specs (nitro finish, 3 brass saddles etc.) with the early 50's soft V neck instead of the big U shaped one they use at the moment.

Acoustic: A vintage spec Martin OOO28 without Eric Clapton's signature on the 12th fret and without the fake tan "aging toner", preferably with Adirondack top.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    ICBM said:
    ICBM said:
    Rickenbacker acoustics.
    I felt that they were actually very average as acoustics... still, they looked cool !
    I played a couple that were fantastic. I could have got them at decent - though still expensive - prices through the shop I worked for at the time, but they were more than I could really afford, so I thought "I'll just wait until a second hand one comes up"… then of course they discontinued them and the second hand prices went up to well above the original new price. Doh.
    Really mate ??

Man, I am surprised. I owned 2 (well, one and one lent to me - but for ages) and they were just 'ok'.... genuinely.
    Yes really - one of them may have been the best-sounding acoustic I've played other than my Gibson Dove, maybe even better than that… can't remember for sure. On the other hand that may be because I like maple-bodied guitars - chunky, thick and also ringing and bright. I don't like many of the currently-fashionable 'best' acoustic brands at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Fender Electric XII (and subsequently a Maverick/Custom).
    I would definitely like a Maverick/ Custom, preferably with a JM trem though.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Image result for yamaha samurai guitar

If these haven't been reissued, why haven't they?
  • Gizmo said:
    Fender HM (Heavy Metal) Strat

17" radius maple board super shredder,wish i could find one in the UK that's not black & been beat to shit...
    I had the Tele version of that from new. It was a great guitar!