Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us your arty shots - CALENDAR CONTENDERS

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobe said:
    Everyone loves dogs!

;) 
    Not true.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    BRISTOL86 said:
    @TTony have you thought about offering some kind of 'premium' membership which is optional for forumers to purchase? 

For example for £10 a year you can have a 'premium member' title or something with some other small perks that wouldn't cost money to implement?

I've learned a great deal in my very short time here and everyone I've dealt with on a personal level that I've been in contact with via this forum have been top guys. 

I'm hardly flush but I know I'd do my bit. Hell I've had more than £10 worth of advice just this week from this forum. 
    Maybe you should order another calendar just for this week then ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    @TTony have you thought about offering some kind of 'premium' membership which is optional for forumers to purchase? 

For example for £10 a year you can have a 'premium member' title or something with some other small perks that wouldn't cost money to implement?

I've learned a great deal in my very short time here and everyone I've dealt with on a personal level that I've been in contact with via this forum have been top guys. 

I'm hardly flush but I know I'd do my bit. Hell I've had more than £10 worth of advice just this week from this forum. 
    Maybe you should order another calendar just for this week then ;)
    Just one week? That must be a small calendar!
    There's only 21 of these calendars left - so get in quick if you want one - order in the sticky thread at the top.

Here's March to keep you going. Don't forget each one you buy helps keep the Fretboard Ad free, and helps keep this place going just how we like it.

• Nice! My pic and my birthday month!.. How do you do that @TTony.. Some kinda voodoo hoodoo goin' down here!? 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    usedtobe said:
    Everyone loves dogs!

;) 
     :o 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    FRockStar said:
    Nice! My pic and my birthday month!.. How do you do that @TTony.. Some kinda voodoo hoodoo goin' down here!? 
    You haven't noticed a pattern yet?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28425
    FRockStar said:
    Nice! My pic and my birthday month!.. How do you do that @TTony.. Some kinda voodoo hoodoo goin' down here!? 
    Surely you didn't believe that signing up here is just a matter of thinking up a username and giving us an email addy @FRockStar ??

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • usedtobe said:
    Everyone loves dogs!

;) 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TTony said:
    FRockStar said:
    Surely you didn't believe that signing up here is just a matter of thinking up a username and giving us an email addy @FRockStar ??

:#  There's definitely some evil mind-control going on, coercing  me to keep buying pedals from the classifieds! 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Am I too late?

How about a pedal ?

Am I too late?

How about a pedal ?

Sorry chap - they are printed and sitting in my kitchen!!

You can still buy one before they run out tho!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There's been a little flurry of sales over the weekend whilst I've been away!

Which is great news because that means I can reveal Mr April:

It also means there are only 15 calendars left in the box, so get in quick or they will be gone!
  • TTony said:

We don't actually ask for a lot in return for keeping the forum going.  

To put it into context, the profit that we make from the calendars won't even cover the hosting costs for a year - and we don't pay anything like standard hosting charges.

With our traffic volumes, we'd easily raise a lot more ££s by taking advertising and infesting the forum with banner ads, sidebar ads, pop-up ads, advertorial content, etc, etc.  And with that would doubtless come "management" of content so as not to piss off the money men.  

But we prefer to keep it ad & interference free.

We don't even ask for money-for-free.  We try to give you something (in this case, the calendar) in return for your financial support...

...we try to raise funds internally - from those who value our reasonably light moderation, or who choose to benefit from free Classifieds, or have received a lot of (free) advice, but still need a prompt to donate, or a "something" in return for their support.

I'd hope that it'd get easier with time, as people recognised the value that they get and felt more willing to support us.

But it's certainly not getting any easier.  We'd raise more money sat with an old dog in a shop doorway.

Perhaps if you sent out a few more emails you might get some more help a bit more often. One of the biggest problems any organisation has in getting funds is actually asking for them. I've not seen any requests for financial help since the last calendar came out.

Personally, I don't need a calendar (at all, ever), but I'd happily give you the tenner while I've got one spare, and direct via bank details, too. Or if necessary, I'll pop a tenner in your hand at the next guitar show in Brum, if I can get to it.

Not having a pop, Tony, just saying someone (when I say 'you' I mean all the admins collectively, not you personally, btw) needs to remember to pop a "Got a spare fiver?" in our inboxes a little more often. There's no shame in asking to be paid for a service, especially one as good as this. :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Well well, we are at 49 now, so Mr May is unlocked. (That's month of May, not the PM's husband.. not sure he should be unlocked)

There's only 11 of these wonderful calendars left now - get in quick!!!

The mailers have been delivered now, so I can start posting out this week... keep an eye on your letterbox!
    Just 10 remaining - yes, only 10. Order now, or spend the whole of 2017 regretting it (and not having any nice guitar pics on your desk!)
    By the way - if there's two more purchased today I'll reveal June's picture... we are so close to having all of them sold, which means lots of lovely dosh to keep the Fretboard going... even if you don't use a calendar yourself you could give one away to a guitar chum for christmas.. you know the drill:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Am I too late?

How about a pedal ?

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    9 left everyone - just 9 remaining then they are all gone.

One more and I will reveal June - but I'd really like to get these remaining ones sold this week so they can all be sent out and with you in time for christmas & the new year (before the posties get too busy!) 

The first batch are going out tomorrow - so those that ordered early will be getting theirs very soon. The rest of the current orders will be shipped by the weekend. 

Surely there are 9 homes for these last lil' 9 calendars out there?!

It is for a very good cause - keeping this forum going for us all to enjoy!
    All current orders shipped.

9 left.

The missus is now complaining that they are getting in the road so order one please... It's such a good cause given the value we all get out of the FB