Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The worst thing that could have happened, has happened (and then I put down a deposit)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• bbill335 said:
    Well, they took my 2015 MIJ MG73 as a deposit, now I have to raise the rest of the funds.

When I thought about how much of my other shit I would gladly get rid of to pay for this, and how close I can (hopefully) get by clearing out, it makes sense.

A big part of me is still 12 years old, with an Epiphone SG but playing my dad's 94 USA Strat thinking "I guess this is as good as it gets". I never thought I would even see something as special to me as this Mustang, let alone have the opportunity to buy it.

A lot of awful shit has happened to me this year, and consolidating a lot of my music clutter into one excellent instrument, a good amp and a few decent pedals feels right, regardless of price.
    Cheering here! Great decision - good
    luck with the sales!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    edited November 2016 tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    Crazy isn't it - the Mustangs were Fender's 'student' guitars and there was a time you couldn't give these away!

they were similar to the gibson Jr's and look at the stupid money poeple now pay for them,  it's beyond me

I think where a 'student' guitar was made in the same factory as the 'pro' models and used the same components and pickups etc. Then they can be every bit as good as the expensive stuff (like Gibson LP juniors) - but when they had different components or pups or were outsourced for manufacture then they can be quite different..
    It's mostly to do with the obsession of 50s les pauls and give that most people can't afford a proper les paul the Jr's have become the 2nd best thing and that's what driven the prices up. 
    Total Nonsense.

It's because they are incredible sounding, versatile, no nonsense guitars. People like Leslie West & Mick Ralphs knew this from the get go, proper guitar players have always gravitated to the Junior models, even when they were $100. Many players would take a Junior over a 'proper Les Paul' for playability and tone alone.

Your assumption that everyone views the Junior as the poor cousin to a 'Burst is WAY off the mark IMO.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom