2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Wisdom.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7437
    Garthy said:
    Deijavoo said:
    Yup, I considered this on Facebook. I know Doug is totally fucked off at this guy for buying and trying to flip at such a profit. 
    He must be double fucked off that he gave it away and now someone is trying to profit from that gift by association.

I find myself conflicted though, there is no way I would sell my house for it's original sale price or the cost to build in 1931 and most try to sell items at a price the market will bear however on the other side of the arguement I don't agree with such profiteering. That said who would sell a 1959 Les Paul for £5000 instead of £250,000 or whatever laughable sum that is an asking price.

In short, it's complicated.

Its not really the same because 1931 is nearly 100 years ago and of course it's not worth the same as back then.
    The comparable situation would be someone buying a house privately for £10k, and then immediately trying to sell it for £140k. Thats more likely to piss people off.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    DefaultM said:
    Garthy said:
    Deijavoo said:
    Yup, I considered this on Facebook. I know Doug is totally fucked off at this guy for buying and trying to flip at such a profit. 
    He must be double fucked off that he gave it away and now someone is trying to profit from that gift by association.

I find myself conflicted though, there is no way I would sell my house for it's original sale price or the cost to build in 1931 and most try to sell items at a price the market will bear however on the other side of the arguement I don't agree with such profiteering. That said who would sell a 1959 Les Paul for £5000 instead of £250,000 or whatever laughable sum that is an asking price.

In short, it's complicated.

Its not really the same because 1931 is nearly 100 years ago and of course it's not worth the same as back then.
    The comparable situation would be someone buying a house privately for £10k, and then immediately trying to sell it for £140k. Thats more likely to piss people off.
    I see both sides of the arguement. For a shorter time frame look at number 24's previous sale 18 months earlier for £95k less:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/wooburn-green/meare-estate/

Yes the seller of this Blackmachine is taking the mickey, but if someone is willing to pay for it....

• lol @ charging for shipping.