Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Obviously not such a great PRS upgrade

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5341
    ye old wudtone fella sure knows how to alienate a crowd :)    i fitted a trem to a tokai strat and in fairness it did make quite a difference ina good way, my undecided but impending partscaster will have one in it...shame he sells like a slightly desperate ageing hooker
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I rather like the look of it, although it must be worth less so I wouldn't buy it for that money personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    One word.... Flimflam. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    ye old wudtone fella sure knows how to alienate a crowd :)    i fitted a trem to a tokai strat and in fairness it did make quite a difference ina good way, my undecided but impending partscaster will have one in it...shame he sells like a slightly desperate ageing hooker
    His system is good if not heavily inspired by Callahan but it does seem really heavy. Like adds a noticeable amount of weight to the guitar. 

I've always been a fan of the Wilkinson system with a new block. It works great and is cheap as chips
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221
    A big plus 1 for the Wilkinson Strat trem, it's a bit of a bargain all round
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105
    Nice colour but not such a great ad as i can't even find the  "Ice Maiden" finish for sale on there site....unless im just blind
  • Without trying to repeat what's already been said,  it's clearly worth half the price, originality and tags etc are important for the prs admirers , this has all the important bits taken away and for him to think it justifies an increased price is laughable, on prs the only "upgrade" you can really do is change the pickups and that would be down to personal preference.

A daft price being sold by a daft man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    With all this Wudtone bashing going on I can only assume you're all jealous of him.
    All right, I don't really, I just wanted to be the first to point out that jealousy is always the reason for lambasting someone on here.
     =) 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 920
    I bought an old, very battered PRS CE24 a few months back and used it as a refinishing project. The hardware was corroded so I ended up replacing everything except the machine heads. I fitted a Wudtone trem and it's very good indeed. However, I fully appreciate that my CE24 is a players guitar and I'd be lucky to recover all my costs if I sold it.

This cu22 falls into the same category. No matter how nice the finish is or how good the parts, it's a heavily modded PRS and, as such, is of little or no interest to collectors. It's a players guitar and should be priced accordingly.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7437
    Well, I thought it looked awesome but then I saw the back. What the fuck is that meant to be?
  • Sassafras said:
    With all this Wudtone bashing going on I can only assume you're all jealous of him.
    All right, I don't really, I just wanted to be the first to point out that jealousy is always the reason for lambasting someone on here.

I think it was the level of arrogance that was the issue. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 852
    I have a strat I finished with a Wudtone kit, it's nice stuff.   Andy saw a photo of it and decided rather than say something about the finish, he criticised the fact I used a Wilkinson trem, not his trem...
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2181
    That's a lot of money. Nice coloured top.  But I've never been that fond of mr wudtone and his selling tactics. And that back....eeek
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • What boggles me is the run down of costs for the stupidly expensive strat , there is even labour charges of installing the trem!, so all they have done is pass every charge to the new owner......which to me is absolute madness .
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Now he's gone all pile on...

Well, you Wud, wudden you? 

Mind you, that top has something of the ocean dwelling mammal about it. I wudden buy it. 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    edited November 2016
    The back looks like he tried his blue on the mahogany and it looked shite, as you'd expect,  and took it off half arsed leaving the blue in the grain. 

Cheeky bastard imo. 
    What happened to him, did he flounce off?

You'd think all the time I spend on here I'd know a thing like that.
  • Banned as per admin/mod thread in help & feedback
    Banned as per admin/mod thread in help & feedback
    Ah, I see.

I didn't even know there was a help & feedback section.
    Quite an interesting read.