AxeFX & Kemper - thinking the unthinkable and selling my soul to the devil

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    John_A said:
    TimmyO said:

With digital comes a loss of personality, a loss of unique identity and tendency for the quick fix; the easy way out.
    That's among the sillier things I've read on here in a while. 

Yep - And there's no shortage silly things said on here ;)

It's not a quick fix, like anything else you need to work with it, and 99% of personality is in the fingers IMO

The honest truth is that most people can't tell what you're using on a recording, or through a good PA, and don't care either as long as it sounds nice.

And a huge amount of people are chasing the same kinds of tones anyway.  Unique identity from Les Paul + Marshall tones people have been using for 40 years?

Even 'modern' amps like the 5150 III are a decade old now.  It's all been done before and nobody gets a badge for having the highest KG rig, or most complex patch cable nightmare.  Even if a digital rig does make your life easier it doesn't play the guitar for you or write your songs.
    in my lil' opinion, within reason, most folks in the audience have no idea about guitar tone at all and don't really care..
    it's your performance that gets noticed more than anything...
    if your rig, whatever that is, makes you feel great and inspired, then you will offer the best performance you can..
    I've always considered that my tone is for my benefit only.. whereas my performance is for the audience..
    if I think I sound great, I feel great.. and so I'd like to think that I'll be best placed to play at my absolute best..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 619
    Clarky said:by 
    John_A said:
    TimmyO said:

With digital comes a loss of personality, a loss of unique identity and tendency for the quick fix; the easy way out.
    That's among the sillier things I've read on here in a while. 

Yep - And there's no shortage silly things said on here ;)

It's not a quick fix, like anything else you need to work with it, and 99% of personality is in the fingers IMO

The honest truth is that most people can't tell what you're using on a recording, or through a good PA, and don't care either as long as it sounds nice.

And a huge amount of people are chasing the same kinds of tones anyway.  Unique identity from Les Paul + Marshall tones people have been using for 40 years?

Even 'modern' amps like the 5150 III are a decade old now.  It's all been done before and nobody gets a badge for having the highest KG rig, or most complex patch cable nightmare.  Even if a digital rig does make your life easier it doesn't play the guitar for you or write your songs.
    in my lil' opinion, within reason, most folks in the audience have no idea about guitar tone at all and don't really care..
    it's your performance that gets noticed more than anything...
    if your rig, whatever that is, makes you feel great and inspired, then you will offer the best performance you can..
    I've always considered that my tone is for my benefit only.. whereas my performance is for the audience..
    if I think I sound great, I feel great.. and so I'd like to think that I'll be best placed to play at my absolute best..
    This is on the money. At rehearsal tonight I was really enjoying the tones I was getting and that excitement translated to my playing.  

When I'm happy with my sound,  I play better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Clarky said:

so much truth
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    TGP had despatched its Death Squad to deal with that heresy
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    TGP had despatched its Death Squad to deal with that heresy
    ...armed with sharpened, expensive Lovepedal drives.

That P&W crowd are f***ing vicious.