For J. Mascis fans

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 931
    edited November 2016
    @stickyfiddle - the type of switch used in a jazzmaster (or at least the jazzmasters i've had) can't be fitted that way round due to the shape of the switch under the pickguard and the shape of the body cavity.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @stickyfiddle - the type of switch used in a jazzmaster (or at least the jazzmasters i've had) can't be fitted that way round due to the shape of the switch under the pickguard and the shape of the body cavity.
    [goes and checks JM]

You're right. I did angle mine a bit, maybe 30 degrees towards up/down, but nowhere near as much as I thought I had. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The gig at Manchester last night was superb. It was certainly the finest live guitar playing performance I can remember ever seeing. I'm talking about feel, sound and emotion, it's not all about technical profficiency, notes per second and flair. 

Playing right in front of three stacks, Marshall and Hiwatt (I think one is a back up) J Mascis had total control of the guitar and his sound. As he says in the video, the pedal set up give him a range of different dynamics and fuzz tones. Blasted live as a tight as hell three piece it sounds incredible, the OP video does not do justice to his sound. The leads were glorious, and there were moments of wall of noise genius. Out There was my highlight. 

It was strange seeing him play a Rickenbacker 12 string, but it worked fine with all the gain. 

Looking down from the balcony, I was surprised at the intensity of the moshing! One song was interrupted due to someone trying to re-live the early 90's by climbing on stage and making a really poor attempt at a stage dive across a huge gap. J was not rattled, just shrugged, and they just restarted the song where they left off. What a dude. 

Did I mention it was a good gig?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom