Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ever have those days?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    skunkwerx said:
    Where ya just cant play a damn thing right like you did the day before? 

Hitting wrong strings, sloppy fingering etc etc. 

I have these days. Anyone else? 
    You've been watching my style & technique, haven't you!lol 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    You need a Klon. That'll get you back on track.
    If you listen to Pro Guitar Shop, all you need is new gear.
  • Your lucky to have days where you play well. I don't. 
  • I don't gig now (but that might be changing soon)  - but recall that what you try at home works well, works less well at rehearsal, and even worse live - confidence and experience required

like a good golfer can have a bad day, a good muso will have  them as well
    100%!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11679
    This my friends, is why it is worth investing in Russ Andrews gear. The electrons in your mains leads are clearly destroying the musical landscape by acting in a very naughty way, even if nothing is plugged in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    A brisk 40 minute walk can fix so many things.

It can fix your mood.
    It can re-arrange or waft away the microscopic particles of wax that could impact your hearing.
    It needs no special equipment beyond suitable shoes and a good properly constructed Umbrella
    You will "solve" or come to terms with 3 trivial Life Worries during the 40 minutes.

An indication of correct walking speed would be that you are "overtaking" elderly people who are "jogging".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Skipped said:

It can fix your mood.
    It can re-arrange or waft away the microscopic particles of wax that could impact your hearing.
    It needs no special equipment beyond suitable shoes and a good properly constructed Umbrella
    You will "solve" or come to terms with 3 trivial Life Worries during the 40 minutes.

An indication of correct walking speed would be that you are "overtaking" elderly people who are "jogging".

But you could get knocked down by a bus which is bound to have a negative impact on your playing. And for longer than just the one day.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Skipped said:

It can fix your mood.

So true. Sleep also acts like a hard reset for me haha. Far less healthy in the early afternoon though!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • I only play badly on days that end in 'y'. The rest of the time I'm a Guitar God. ..
  • I have those days. Right after the day where I think I nailed everything and I want to tell the world. I'm glad I don't tell the world. How embarrassing. :lol: