Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

'Shop' sending 2 single packs of strings via DPD...Why?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Sporky said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

I prefer to have 30 years of hands on experience, involving all the practical and technical aspects.

You're surprised that a three year degree doesn't result in thirty years of experience?

Not at all, but I am surprised when it's considered to be of more value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    SNAKEBITE said:
    Sporky said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Someone with a degree who has no common sense

Chip on shoulder much?

Not at all.

Have I got a degree? No.

Do I work in an industry that employs people with a degree that I then have to educate to do the job properly in the "real world"? Yes.

When I left school I wasn't intelligent to get a degree, nowadays every one seems to have one, and they are becoming relatively worthless!

I prefer to have 30 years of hands on experience, involving all the practical and technical aspects.

No chip on my shoulder, just a headful of accumulated knowledge gained the hard way.

Would you like salt and vinegar on those? 

Is that what you say in your day job?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    edited November 2016
    Jesus Christ people,it was a throw away comment regarding the degree, and yes they are easier to come by and there  are way more unnessasary degrees than  when most of you were younger ( baking technology management anyone) and being young when most people gain a degree they will obviously have no common senses.......... as they're young ...... it's not rocket science give the guy a break !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

You have a point.

*Group hug.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

That's what I love about this place. Its amazing what a post about a shop sending strings via DPD has turned into :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**

Update, ive had an email this morning telling me that the parcel is out for delivery today...

...after I paid to upgrade the delivery for a convenient time tomorrow instead, when someone will be there :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    SNAKEBITE said:

You have a point.

*Group hug.

Let's never fight again. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    SNAKEBITE said:

Someone with a degree who has no common sense following a scripted list of actions.

Get used to it, it's the future.

There speaks someone with a chip on his shoulder.
    Far more likely they got sick of people saying things didn't turn up.
    DPD have a history of not even knocking. My dad loathes them for that.
    edited November 2016
    Sporky said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

You have a point.

*Group hug.

Let's never fight again.

Agreed, but I'm not kissing and making up! :)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    I have beautiful skin. No need for makeup.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    BRISTOL86 said:
    WezV said:
    Don't DPD let you redirect to a local shop if you are not in?

I recall being pretty impressed by the options last time they had a parcel for me
    Yep, all sorts. Can schedule alternate days via text and even live track your delivery, and they give you a pretty specific time slot which has been 100% reliable for me. 

Everytime I have something delivered by DPD I know it'll be good, unlike the likes of Yodel and Hermes who seem to take the 'let's see how badly we can break it' approach!

Two weeks ago I'd have agreed with this - I love the app too telling you that Dave the Driver is making delivery 50 and you are 63 and he'll be an hour. Unfortunately they massively buggered up last week, got a text but no card one day saying delivery couldn't be made as no one was home - I was. The same happened the next day, this time accompanied by a picture of someone else's house! Anyway I phoned them, they promised to callback then didn't, then the parcel turned up yesterday, filthy, ripped and soaking wet I've seriously gone off them.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Gagaryn said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    WezV said:

I recall being pretty impressed by the options last time they had a parcel for me
    Yep, all sorts. Can schedule alternate days via text and even live track your delivery, and they give you a pretty specific time slot which has been 100% reliable for me. 

Everytime I have something delivered by DPD I know it'll be good, unlike the likes of Yodel and Hermes who seem to take the 'let's see how badly we can break it' approach!

Two weeks ago I'd have agreed with this - I love the app too telling you that Dave the Driver is making delivery 50 and you are 63 and he'll be an hour. Unfortunately they massively buggered up last week, got a text but no card one day saying delivery couldn't be made as no one was home - I was. The same happened the next day, this time accompanied by a picture of someone else's house! Anyway I phoned them, they promised to callback then didn't, then the parcel turned up yesterday, filthy, ripped and soaking wet I've seriously gone off them.

That's what happens when businesses are run by people without degrees.

I'm starting Oxbridge Courier Services.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Guess who tried to deliver today...and guess if there was anyone in to take the delivery...

Fucking wank puffins!
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought strings this morning.  
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    Sporky said:
    I thought the coin pun was deliberate. Not so impressed now.
    :D
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited November 2016
    Gagaryn said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    WezV said:

Oh dear! That's not good! I'm thinking a lot simply can't handle the pre Xmas rush. Even the ever reliable Amazon lately have been sending me emails at 10pm saying they've just tried to deliver but there was no one in to sign for my parcel (no shit, it's a business address!) 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Gagaryn said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    WezV said:

Oh dear! That's not good! I'm thinking a lot simply can't handle the pre Xmas rush. Even the ever reliable Amazon lately have been sending me emails at 10pm saying they've just tried to deliver but there was no one in to sign for my parcel (no shit, it's a business address!) 
    Amazon deliveries have gone to shit lately. I guess it's because they've taken on extra staff for Black Friday and Xmas. We get a fair bit of stuff from Amazon and they're normally great, but yesterday their driver literally lobbed a parcel over our back gate. Plastic kettle plus paving slabs = please supply another new kettle please Mr Amazon. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Agreed! Got more hassle with another delivery, this time, ahem, Hermes. They tried to deliver on Monday and now seem to have lost it. I say seem to as they won't answer the phone. Amazon have resent though.