Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Say goodbye to your internet privacy

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ThorpyFX said:
    crunchman said:
    They can't actually lose their job until the next election.  They might lose a cabinet post which is slightly different.  The problem is that your vote, on it's own, won't be enough of a threat of losing their job at the next election.
    No, but they can lose their cabinet position for defying the Whip, I believe.
    Well, I'll see I guess. My MP is Andrea leadsom. Who has asked for my address so that she can write to me. We'll see what the content is, I imagine it's along the lines you mention but you never know......
    Just in case you didn't know, this is from the UK Parliament website:

"Important divisions are underlined three times - a 'three-line whip' - and normally apply to major events like the second readings of significant Bills.

Defying a three-line whip is very serious, and has occasionally resulted in the whip being withdrawn from an MP or Lord. This means that the Member is effectively expelled from their party (but keeps their seat) and must sit as an independent until the whip is restored."

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    I want my Article 8 of the Human Rights Act back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5125
    I haven't written to my MP. 

I've saved the letter in a secure,  password protected folder on my hard drive

So they will get to see it about the same time anyway.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/investigatory-powers-bill-a7447781.html

Well that's surprising, MPs have exempted themselves from being spied on.

I'd love to hear any of them use the line "If you have nothing to hide..." now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom