Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    I'm finally getting round to the grateful dead - some pretty good stuff.

My 15 year old daughter is going through the grunge stage and was seriously into nirvana, have introduced her to the pixies, stone temple pilots, alice in chains, soundgarden, smashing pumpkins, the breeders, the melvins etc etc - great stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5822
    edited February 2020
    munckee said:

My 15 year old daughter is going through the grunge stage and was seriously into nirvana, have introduced her to the pixies, stone temple pilots, alice in chains, soundgarden, smashing pumpkins, the breeders, the melvins etc etc - great stuff.
    Don't forget Dinosaur Jr, Sugar & Husker Du.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1312
    edited February 2020
    munckee said:

You probably know but...
    with the Grateful Dead, the live stuff is mostly where it's at - there are some superb concerts available and it's good to pick one from a couple of different eras. I really like the stuff from '77 (something with Terrapin Station) , also stuff from early 70s has good energy. There's an unhealthy number of obsessives out there who will have their own opinions.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    steven70 said:
    munckee said:

You probably know but...
    with the Grateful Dead, the live stuff is mostly where it's at - there are some superb concerts available and it's good to pick one from a couple of different eras. I really like the stuff from '77 (something with Terrapin Station) , also stuff from early 70s has good energy. There's an unhealthy number of obsessives out there who will have their own opinions.
    I hadn’t got as far as the live stuff, will check it out. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 953
    edited February 2020
    Let’s be honest you don’t care what I’ve been listening to and just want to show off your edgy musical taste.

techno Bert - Neu dimension 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just discovered the album, Ummon by Slift.

A great bit of space rock and I haven’t enjoyed anything as much in ages. I bit of Ozric Tentacles, a bit of Muse, a bit of Floyd a bit of Cardiacs all blasted out with loads of energy.

https://youtu.be/mOQMibf4HLg
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941
    Grid Of Points, Ruins and The Man Who Died In His Boat by Grouper. If you like breathy female vocals and minimal, melancholy piano (and I'm a sucker for both) this may be right up your street.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    Nils Frahm, 'Felt'. Took me too long to discover him. 

Didn't help that every shop that I asked "can you tell me where I can get 'Felt' please?" ushered me out of the door without serving me. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941
    Nils Frahm is great. Does a spectacular live show too. You may well like Olafur Arnalds as they've collaborated and have a similar kind of vibe.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    Nils Frahm is great. Does a spectacular live show too. You may well like Olafur Arnalds as they've collaborated and have a similar kind of vibe.
    Yep, got onto him too, and their Collab, and Kiasmos....awesome stuff. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    Let’s be honest you don’t care what I’ve been listening to and just want to show off your edgy musical taste.

techno Bert - Neu dimension 
    I was on a forum once, where everyone was either achingly Hoxton or wanted to be. I just used to invent band names. E.g. 

Splintered Child - Rostrum Antarctic (part 1)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    I just discovered the album, Ummon by Slift.

@Flanging_Fred -- cheers for the heads up.  Love this stuff.
    No UK dates on current tour unfortunately.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    Well I've been listening to this lots.
    I've tried to limit myself but it's addictive and I'm beyond caring now.
    Koan, Uncloak -- Ghost Rider remix
    Which has lots of pulsing compression and that's something I normally don't like.  Don't care.

• MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    steven70 said:
    munckee said:

You probably know but...
    Another really good live recording from the Dead is the RFK Stadium Washington '89 album.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Freebird said:
    munckee said:

Don't forget Dinosaur Jr, Sugar & Husker Du.
    ...and Buffalo Tom.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    edited September 2023
    j
    Mickeyji said:
    steven70 said:
    munckee said:

You probably know but...
    Another really good live recording from the Dead is the RFK Stadium Washington '89 album.
    That looks like a really good setlist- cheers for the recommendation. 
  • Wilco YHF, Radiohead Ok Computer second disc and old pre Brit pop indie, which has some great bands I missed first time around.

i promise from the OknotOk disc is just stunning, Thom Yorke sounds like Roy Orbison (in a good way) not sure how they had this and didn’t release it before. Confession here as well, I actually like disc 2 better, overall I think OK computer is a great album but in Rainbows is their best work

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited March 2020
    Today it’s The Doors complete box set and ZZ Top various albums. I might even slap on some Lynyrd Skynyrd. (I’m limited to what I can listen to due to most of my music being packed away ready for the move).
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3411
    and watching, Toto's 35th Anniversary gig.

Great musicianship and sound and I'm saddened that this may never happen again for them.
    Yep, that's Nathan East stepping in on bass and when they still had Simon Phillips on drums. However, the later recruits on both instruments were probably the best rhythm section I've ever heard:-