Yamaha APX500, no sound through amp?

I've never played this through an amp before,  so tonight I thought Id play it through my Vox Cambridge 30, no sound, nothing.
The only thing I can think of is the battery in the Yamaha is flat, is this why I'm getting no sound from the amp? Is the Yamaha somehow pre-amped and needs a battery?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Yes :).

Hopefully it's just that. Which version is it, the one with a normal preamp unit in the side, or with the recessed knobs that push in and out?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3520
    I dont think the jobs push in or out, its got a volume, 3 band eq and a tuner.
    Oh, and a slide switch tone thingy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    That's good - if it isn't the battery and there is a preamp fault, the older push-in knob type can no longer be easily (or often at all) repaired because Yamaha have run out of replacement PCBs for them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I think is the battery sure.
    New battery sorted it guys, Ive never played an acoustic through an amp before, this has put a whole new kettle of fish on the hob, I'm loving this!