Would Like To Buy It Back Thread?

What's Hot

Comments

• For me it was a Korean Squier Strat, a really special guitar that played so well but I sold it for some bizarre reason. Serial number something along the lines of VN422994( god knows why but that rings a bell!) would love to see where it is these days
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1358
    No pictures, no serial numbers but if anybody (I'm looking at you @TTony for obvious reasons...) ever comes across a sparkly red Kawai Aquarius 555 (Strat-ish thing with 3 humbucker pickups controlled by 3 3 position switches) fitted with a Kahler that'll almost certainly be my old one and if the price isn't totally silly I'd really like it back because it was a bloody good guitar and deeply cool with it...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3935
    edited December 2016
    Fender HSS Strat Deluxe, amber with rosewood neck, I think a 2009 model. Loved the colours, the feel and the sound. Best Strat I've played. Crippling financial problems meant it had to go and it's the only guitar I regret selling. And I've bought and sold tens and tens.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I used to have a PRS Custom 24. Sold it to pay rent when I was out of work and my wife was a student many years ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/PRS/DSC00505.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/PRS/DSC00492.jpg

Brazilian board, sweet switch, phase 1 tuners etc. 

One that hat also sticks in my head was a MIJ Tele Custom in sunburst that was was just "right" and sounded fantastic.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    I also kinda regret not trying out more necks on my telemaster build instead of selling the finished body at a huge loss. I know I'm not of a fender guy but it looked and sounded great.. Hmm, there seems to be a bit of a pattern developing here haha.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I once owned a Fender CS '54 Strat in 2-tone burst which I traded in at what used to be Nevada Music in Portsmouth. Must have been nearly 20 years ago, but I've never forgotten it.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    The Les Paul Special that I know is currently being "stored" by @Rox - it's complicated. I regret selling it and I regret what has happened since even more.

The other guitar is the Antoria Les Paul Goldtop I swapped for a Sound City 50w head and 4x12 cab in the early 90s. It had black Grover tuners, a brass nut, Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, Double Eagle neck pickup and a Gibson Tarback bridge pickup. I literally watch eBay daily for it.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    edited December 2016
    I'm glad it's not just me. In the past year I hunted down a not very desirable 2007 American series telecaster that I sold a couple of years ago. It was my first USA guitar bought when I had disposable income - pre kids of course - and I didn't realise how attached I was. Have managed to get her back.
    This year have also sold and bought back the same Flint, and a Marshall combo! Now looking for my EP booster. 
    After a year of buying and selling guitar, Amps and pedals I'm almost completely back to where is started - and happy as Larry! I think I basically need to stop watching bloody YouTube videos and play more.
    :-)

• Probably this badass, however I was never happy with the colour of the body nor the pick guard so would have to factor that in to change the colour etc which I'd inevitably then give up with and sell it again:

http://i.imgur.com/ZXMvVbA.jpg
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I'd have that but I'd have to take the pickguard off or at least change it to a white one.
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    edited December 2016

i've sold many guitars but this is the only one I regret - it's an early-ish Guyatone ('59?) - it had a lovely big C profile neck, in great condition, very light, but with crap pickups and the worst tuners I've ever encountered - I decided to sell as is about 10 yrs ago rather than upgrade/ mod it, but wish I'd had the guts to stick in a pair of P90s. It was only £25, so the urge to flip was strong.
  • i have sold something like 150 guitars over the years, flirted with collecting but these days I am down to just those I use and some odd junk. There are only two k would like back - Fender Custom Shop 1988 40th Anniversary Telecaster Serial number 40 that I bought new and sold when broke. It came up on eBay a couple of years ago for what was a realistic price but I couldn't raise it or really justify it. The only other one was an Epiphone 57 Les Paul Junior in all korina - I sold it to a mate for peanuts - I don't know whether he still has it. I'd love another one of those. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Probably this badass, however I was never happy with the colour of the body nor the pick guard so would have to factor that in to change the colour etc which I'd inevitably then give up with and sell it again:

http://i.imgur.com/ZXMvVbA.jpg
    Wish I'd bought that when I had the chance
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    edited December 2016
    i have sold something like 150 guitars over the years, flirted with collecting but these days I am down to just those I use and some odd junk. There are only two k would like back - Fender Custom Shop 1988 40th Anniversary Telecaster Serial number 40 that I bought new and sold when broke. It came up on eBay a couple of years ago for what was a realistic price but I couldn't raise it or really justify it. The only other one was an Epiphone 57 Les Paul Junior in all korina - I sold it to a mate for peanuts - I don't know whether he still has it. I'd love another one of those. 
    Yeah, I've had several of those 40th's now since the late 80's....every time I get one I moan how heavy it is and then someone offers me a silly high price for it and off it goes! 

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/Telesquire/40thanni012.jpg

Wow, no wonder it sold.....£1950?? Never sold one in recent times for less than £2000. Best was £3500. Rare with choco lines case too.
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-custom-shop-40th-anniversary-telecaster-vintage-1988-40-of-300-limited-edition-sold/1126338381
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1089
    edited January 2017
    Blimey - if I'd seen it at that price I would have had it back! To describe it as hardly played is peculiar - I gigged it for 5 years and the gold plating definitely showed that! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14265
    I miss my Peavey Studio pro 40. I had it between 1981 and 1994 and it served me well. 

Like this one:

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1244

I'd like this one back. I bought it new from Peter Cookes, around 2006/7, for a fantastic price. Unfortunately, I sold it a few years later.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Two for me, really:

A Gibson 335 with P90s sold on this very forum. Would have that back in a heartbeat. Great guitar. 

And a taylor t3B. Not as big a regret but it was an excellent and very sorted guitar. Should never have sold it. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    A 1984 ES-335 dot reissue. A fantastic guitar but it didn't get played so I sold it. If I had it back I probably still wouldn't play it much but it would at least cure my 335 GAS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom