Would Like To Buy It Back Thread?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    I sold a Classic Player '60s strat on here, a sonic blue one. I regret selling that, it was the only strat Ive ever really got on with, before and since.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    A 1990 Prs Standard 24 in red. Sold because I needed the money. I did try buying it back but I never got a reply.

Carvin DC135. Just a beautifully made guitar that was so comfortable to play. Part exchanged it fornanother guitar but really wish I hadn't.

Ibanez RG1550fm-rbt. A very rare Ibanez that I stupidly sold for another RG that was terrible. It was beautiful. Luckily my current RG plays just as well but doesn't look as gorgeous.

Prs CE22. Needed to sell it for the cash in the end to pay a hefty bill. Probably the hardest sale I've done, I was so miserable afterward.
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 590
    edited January 2017
    A Gibson Explorer S/N: 128900647
    PM me
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    My first Gibson Les Paul Standard. Bitterly regret selling it but there you go.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/JimmyR_02/Guitar stuff/P1020465.jpg

My first PRS Custom 24. Never found another that I quite liked as much

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/JimmyR_02/Guitar stuff/PRS_TOP_V_IEW.jpg

Lastly, my 2000 Big Apple Strat. Brilliant all rounder but I went off Strat's for a while and sold it like an idiot.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/JimmyR_02/Guitar stuff/20150418_125828_zps1ptw49f6.jpg

• Gordon Smith GS-1, sold so I could eat over Xmas 1998 in Discovery Records Bideford for £175

I miss it a great deal.

An Olympic White Tokai Tele with seymour duncan stacked HB at the bridge and a Kahler tremolo - which I had on loan for a year but could never stump up the funds for.
    Last seen being wielded by a chap in Reckless in Barnstaple in 1999 - he wouldn't sell it to me.

Also a Custom Sound Cub 60 amp, sold a year or two later for similar reasons, probably not as good as I remember it being, but still.

Would probably chew your arm off for any of them back.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    I've sold around 60 guitars, only one I really regretted was a 1983 Epiphone Riviera made in Matsumoku. I traded it for a '63 reissue 335 thinking I had got a great deal...I didn't. The Gibson was great, as it should be being one of the better models in the '63ri, but there's something special about these Epiphones and probably the reason they are very sought after.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p437/Kylefarrell/Epiphone Riviera Matsumoku/C7816664-7CC9-4DB4-9C3A-3F0A6964CE2F_zpsni5z2rqq.jpg
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8090

I wouldn't mind getting my 1983 US Telecaster back, it looked a lot like this but with a plain W/B/W s/plate and a vintage bridge with through-stringing.

photo DSC03791jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    The only one I want back is this:

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2573
    Hiwatt Custom 20 2x10 combo, one of the UK-built Audio Brothers' 90s reissues.  

Every bit the equal of the Hylight-era originals, allegedly, and I let mine go on eBay.  Fool.
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE
  • BowksBowks Frets: 446
    I regret the departure of my Ibanez RG3120. It had an issue with the bridge, in that the trem would not return to pitch, and instead of waiting for Ibanez to come up with a suitable fix, I got store credit and got the Ibanez RG2027 seven string instead. 

I also regret trading my Rivera R30 amp for a Line 6 Flextone.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3431
    Like many of you guys I've sold 95% of what I've owned, seem to go on a two to four year turn around of all my gear and would struggle to list all the guitars that have been through the door off the top of my head. There is however, only one guitar that I have ever regretted selling. It's too long a story for the reasons why it went and I've probably forgotten a few details, but the one I'd have back in a flash (finances depending) would be an amber Gretsch G6114 New Jet. Fantastically versatile instrument with bags of tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom