SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Bad Cat Black Cat - price drop £950

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    @cacofonix - I could have a use for the mesa cab. If you'd like to use that against the bad cat, then please do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would love to, but I don't have enough balancing cash, unfortunately, (GAS fund at about Timefactor levels) and explaining about getting another head in without one going out would be complicated at best.

It would be nice though...
    Bump.
    Slightly perplex as to why, but still available...
  • Hi

Do you have a photo of the transformers used in the Bad cat? Are they grey in colour and made by West Labs who make the transformers in my Matchless DC 30 or did Bad cat use another manufacture for the irons?

edited February 2014

Hi

Do you have a photo of the transformers used in the Bad cat? Are they grey in colour and made by West Labs who make the transformers in my Matchless DC 30 or did Bad cat use another manufacture for the irons?

The main two transformers look black to me and the smallest one of the three has the brown windings showing. I cannot ascertain the manufacturers details by sight. It could be worth contacting Bad Cat if this is a crucial detail for you.
    Bump with price drop
  • photekphotek Frets: 1471
    edited February 2014

Hi

@fixitfixit As far as I am aware they are made by westlabs. They definately were in my Hot Cat 30.
    edited February 2014
    I should also add this was bought new from Mansons in 2013, has done less than 50 hours and comes with untouched manuals. Shipping box & padding can be included and will be used if shipping is required.
  • I have since found out that the transformers in the Matchless DC 30 and the Badcat are made by TDS and Westlabs seem to say on there site that they have an over stock of transformer sets that matchless never picked up, so they are selling them.

According to Batcat the Black cat is a DC30 with some small mods that were added by Mark Sampson when he joined the company.

Both amps are of outstanding quality in Build and overall sound.