Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9704
    Mate,

I struggle with words after reading this thread...

I feel very sad yet at the same time uplifted by your great attitude and approach... you're a good man Tommy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3342
    edited October 2017
    You're a Prince among men Tommy and a fantastic, caring and inspirational human being.
    Don't forget to look after yourself, too, (your back).

Sending much love to you, Sheena and the family 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    You are both amazingly brave and strong, I would have crumbled a long time ago. I can only send my best wishes.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6409
    Top man Tam. You do incredibly well.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I don't post in here often.  Because honestly I don't know what to say that will help.

All I can say is, and I don't mean this to sound weird. But if I ever have to go through something like Sheena has, and my other half was beside me with the courage, strength, integrity etc etc etc etc... that you are showing, then I can only imagine that you are a beacon of positivity in a situation that is surrounded by negativity.  It's admiral man.  it's strength that can surely only be summoned by unconditional love.

When the time comes for any of us, I can't imagine the sadness that it can bring.  But it is worth it all, for the happiness we get.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    She is very lucky to have you, but I can see how you're lucky to have her. Your mutual love really shines through in your words. Don't feel bad about writing too much here, especially if it's your only outlet. And I'm sure Sheena wouldn't begrudge you half an hour a day or so to reflect on things. You're a trooper. 

Love and respect as always
    My V key is broken
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited October 2017
    Keeping it short.. she's got her friend downstairs visiting. Both sitting in the garden room having a nice time, aww

Took a nice photo of her and I and the girls and her sister - shows the nice support she has which I'll put up (she's got her wee Paris hat on which she loves)  

We got the draft service card by e-mail today - I'm not reading it as there's a personalised 14-verse poem by her, but a quick glance shows they're really lovely. The nice photos I posted in the last message are on them, plus little pictures of cats, as she loves cats. Fear not, I'm not casting my mind into the morbid future ... ! Definitely living the days for what they are

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B59lkNr26fmlakEwaGo3bFZfTjA
    (I just noticed it looks like I'm doing the ROCK hand gesture... totally unintended..!! lol)

P.S. this hospital bed is amazing - I want to keep the thing lol!! It's just the thing she's needed for proper rest

P.P.S. I used the oven grill for a burger last night... I heard a massive POP and you should have seen the thing go on fire !!! I crapped myself (not literally..) - going to buy a little extinguisher and blanket today. Lessons learned - drain the fat, preferably use a George Foreman...!!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    As ever mate, humoungous respect to you both.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2611
    tFB Trader
    Just catching up on the thread, thanks for the pictures, it does bring it home a lot more. nice seeing the pictures of her before the cancer and that is the best way to remember her.
    Take care mate
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5594
    Hats off to you again Tommy. That group pic you just posted is lovely, there is a lot of love in that room. It's nice to see you all smiling and long may it continue.

We got a stairlift put in for my mum when she became less mobile, have you used yours for taking laundry/tea up and downstairs yet? You know you wanna!

• I did try the stair lift :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27687
    Stairlifts are great fun. My Nana had one in her later years! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It's my 33rd birthday in under 3 weeks and I need ideas what Sheena can get me and what we can do.. it'll be her first and last birthday with her husband but I've no idea. Mind she's in a wheelchair so we can't do too much. Engraved  Lowden!? :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If you wear a watch, maybe get a nice watch to keep and wear every day.
    You'll look at it (Her?) all day, every day.

Engraving is easy enough on a watch.
  • She got me a watch yonks ago but I don't wear them TBH - my wrists are so slim and I use my phone for that. But that is a good idea @Alnico, thank you!
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    Not as good as Alnico's watch idea, but an engraved silver plectrum on a necklace?
  • :) Something engraved is nice. 
    I guess though... I have an engraved wedding ring! 
    Maybe I need a lifetime supply of sausage to put weight on, because my ring feels like it's about to fall off all the time, so I need to put weight on :lol:
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14742
    tFB Trader
    I dare say you have plenty of pics already - but what about a nice portrait of you both - don't know if any good artists near you or indeed on FB - even caricature

some engraved key ring fob with a small pic of you both or Sheena - like a locket style (if I'm away I have one with my daughter that I look at loads whilst away)
  • It's funny you mention a picture because every time somebody tries to paint Sheena, she comes out looking like her sister :lol:  
    Got the key ring fob already, sorry!
    I'm so difficult, it's the same every birthday. If she were better I'd say we could go out instead of buying "things" - anyway, I'll keep thinking, thanks :)