Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24671
    Tigger - you're my hero dude.  Talk about an inspiration and role model.  If I had kids, I'd want them to be grow up to be the man you are.

Except the girls that is....  No offence.  Nobody wants a bearded daughter.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I'll be reading back over this in future because I tend to forget things, just in general. Thank heavens we took lots of pictures over the years!
    I have no idea how you are coping, Absolutely incredible chap, Wishing you all the strength you need to continue being such a rock for your family. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @evilmags Digging the flamenco manicure, Mags! :sunglasses:
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    DLM said:
    @evilmags Digging the flamenco manicure, Mags! :sunglasses:

I'd been skinning up a lot prior to  the gig. Hence filthy nails. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@Evilmags I was just talking about the length, hadn't noticed any dirt! :)

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    DLM said:

@Evilmags I was just talking about the length, hadn't noticed any dirt! :)

I like rasgiados and quite often use the technique on steel string. Fingers would fall off other wise. Real gypsy players nails are artworks. Mine keep falling off!!!
  • Haha that's funny :)

Aw cheers, guys! I'm sure you'd all do the same - it's just what you do for your loved ones  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5322
    when i get ill @thomasross20 will you look after me,  cant think of anyone else who would do such an amazing job...that garden room is inspired, what a beautiful place for Sheena to sit in
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • :D I'll ask my boss if I can get time off in future... :dizzy: 
    Yeah it was her friend that mentioned we should think about one - she loves it! There are plans for a lovely patio, too... *phew*
    i wont sleep with you though, that garden room though its like a personal maggies centre...lovely lovely touch that Tom, she will be so grateful for all this.  A hardened old cynic such as i is like many of us on here deeply moved by this tragedy, and if i may be so bold to suggest that Sheena's illness has shone such a bright light on many of us, i thank her from the bottom of my heart @thomasross20.  this real and deeply personal insight has woken me up to my own life and mortality in a very positive way. please pass this on to Sheena.  Good luck young sir i hope she has a nice journey
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • You have a lovely home Thomas, especially the garden room.  
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    mgaw said:
    i wont sleep with you though, that garden room though its like a personal maggies centre...lovely lovely touch that Tom, she will be so grateful for all this.  A hardened old cynic such as i is like many of us on here deeply moved by this tragedy, and if i may be so bold to suggest that Sheena's illness has shone such a bright light on many of us, i thank her from the bottom of my heart @thomasross20.  this real and deeply personal insight has woken me up to my own life and mortality in a very positive way. please pass this on to Sheena.  Good luck young sir i hope she has a nice journey
    I've wanted to say something like this for a long time.
    Very well said.
    We constantly re-evaluate our situation based on Sheena and her Bravery and your literal inspiration.

You know Natasha and I call you our friends and we're proud of it.
    Keep smiling where you can.
  • Thanks, guys - really nice words and Sheena likes them - at least some sort of 'good' comes from this. Apparently 50% of people get cancer these days - don't know why, but I'm going to start eating better for a start. Being housebound for a month though, I've put a little weight on! :lol:  I find I've been mourning her through this whole period and at this stage it's a bit like water rolling off a stone, just feel "blunt". It's interesting reading the replies on the "overtime" thread too - with things like cancer that can hit at any time, why work extra hours for nowt for a faceless company? Obviously not as clear cut as that  but you know what I'm saying.. a few folk have told me they've re-evaluated how much of their lives they've worked too much at the expense of their social life. Now I feel I'm blabbing - long day! Cheers for your continued support!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • What an inspiration you are. Once in a while moments like this happen, where we see that the internet can actually have a positive benefit - of providing some peer support and allowing the sharing of stories. Best wishes to you all and well done for making such a massive difference to someone's life.
    (Note to self - really  try to be a better person one day....)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OMFG I am RAAAAAGING!! 

We FINALLY got Virgin after 3 months... there is a Virgin box at the front of the house but the guy said that no, you need to drill a hole into the side of the wall and route the ethernet cable around the door frame and hold the cable in place with staples. I'm like "eh? Not in this day and age" but I'm away with the fairies given what's going on so yeah, I went with it.

Just been to the neighbours and they did it right. Use the box which feeds into pre-existing wiring and no need for holes in the wall or cables around door frames. Now I've a dirty great hole through the side of the house that didn't need to be there and staples on the door frame. This is like the straw that broke the camel's back, I just can't believe it. How can they do the neighbours' ok but not this house? What a mess!! I am absolutely raging, on the phone to Virgin now. 
    kill em all
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12511
    OMFG I am RAAAAAGING!! 

We FINALLY got Virgin after 3 months... there is a Virgin box at the front of the house but the guy said that no, you need to drill a hole into the side of the wall and route the ethernet cable around the door frame and hold the cable in place with staples. I'm like "eh? Not in this day and age" but I'm away with the fairies given what's going on so yeah, I went with it.

Just been to the neighbours and they did it right. Use the box which feeds into pre-existing wiring and no need for holes in the wall or cables around door frames. Now I've a dirty great hole through the side of the house that didn't need to be there and staples on the door frame. This is like the straw that broke the camel's back, I just can't believe it. How can they do the neighbours' ok but not this house? What a mess!! I am absolutely raging, on the phone to Virgin now. 
    It's a pisser, but it's only a hole at the end of the day. Sit down and have a beer, you've got far more important stuff to keep you busy.  ;)
  • God I know, just so angry, it's like that one thing that breaks you when you're standing at the supermarket checkout. Grrr
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited September 2017
    God I know, just so angry, it's like that one thing that breaks you when you're standing at the supermarket checkout. Grrr
    I’m not surprised you’re angry Thomas - it was probably a ‘safe’ thing to vent about. My experience when under huge emotional stress is that anger is part of your natural human reaction - but it surfaces when dealing with something seemingly unrelated....
  • That's definitely what's happened (in fact I'm still angry but feel like I could laugh and cry at the same time). I'm not good at this, got to get over it and keep going..