Tokai Stratocaster - any Tokai experts here (pics now added)?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited February 2017
    dogload said:
    Thank you. I did it myself.
    saywha And you admit to that??!!whistler insane- I can only think you must have been on acid at the time!  D
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Voxman said:
    dogload said:
    saywha And you admit to that??!!whistler insane- I can only think you must have been on acid at the time!  D

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    dogload said:
    Voxman said:
    dogload said:

Image result for nudge nudge nods as good as wink
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Richardj said:
    I think the Japanese simply bypassed the woefull '70s Fender 'sausage in an alley' three bolt design by going straight for a four bolt attachment.

;)
    The Tokai Silver Star models had the 3 bolt neck attachement (and big 70s headstock)
    My silver star has a perfect neck join. The problem with 70s fenders is QC, not 3 bolts ime.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Danny1969 said:
    Looks very similar to mine :

I would say about £400 as that's what they tend to make on Ebay. Fantastic guitars with the sweetest pickups
    Yours look more like the 3rd Logo - First Tokai with Spaghetti logo had the T for Tokai more as an F - Then Block letter as per Voxman's, than yours with the T style script logo for Tokai - can't quite read yours if its is Goldstar or Spring Sound - probably 1984
    You know your Tokai's .. yeah Goldstar 1984 according to the serial number. I was given this guitar as a thank you gift from a guitar collector. I converted his garage into a guitar friendly man cave. I have to admit at first I was a bit disappointed he didn't give me a Mexican Strat or something else badged Fender but once I played it I realized how good it is and I wouldn't swap it for a Mex strat now .... he certainly knew how good it was being very knowledgeable about Strats 
    www.2020studios.co.uk