What effects pedal would you like to exist?

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7504
For me, it would be an improved q tron that plays nice with humbucker pickups. As it is, it's perfect with single coils, p90s and low output hunbuckers but if you put anything hotter in front, it really sounds naff.

And the digidelay. Oh, wait, that does exist. I'll have to see if I can get another one (to replace another sadly sold item to fund a car...).

My mate wants a pedal that gets the same kind of sound Harrison sometimes got going with his guitar with the Beatles. The overdrive isn't conventional, but I've not a clue where it comes from. I'd rather have a pedal that sounds like a 6505 in a box... :p
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28984
    edited August 2013
    A phaser in a wah shell, with the rocker sweeping the filter directly (not controlling the speed of an LFO).

I set up something similar on my VG-88 and it was a most excellent sound.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • An OD pedal that recreates the sound of a single-ended EL84 when it's just being pushed into overload ie its "clean"-ish until you hit 2 notes at once or thump one note particularly hard ... and without any of the usual tizz that OD pedals make
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16320
    multiple phaser ( eg like the tc toneprint series) with digital simulations of a few more types of phasing beyond the usual 90 type like a bi-phaser or an old Foxx phaser.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26974
    An AMT C2 with an extra channel of Soldano-like lead goodness. That'd basically be every basic tone I want in a single box.
    <space for hire>
  • vizviz Frets: 10759
    edited August 2013
    A pedal that predicts what you are about to play, one second in advance, and plays it back to you but with a 1 second delay at 100% wet mix so that every note you play is the same as the note it's playing.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Modulation pedals in the style of wahs is a great idea. I played a bit with that sort of thing using a Line 6 M9
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72910
    edited August 2013
    A guitar synth pedal which could make your guitar sound exactly like any type of synth you want but with exactly the same tracking and range of expressiveness as a normal electric guitar. And fully polyphonic of course... but without needing an ugly onboard control box and a multi-pin cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2944
    Phaser and flanger pedals with tap tempo.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    a midi controlled de-twattifier.

midi beat synch to tap tempo for lowlier devices like the RC30.

also I'd like a delay pedal with a send and return in the delayed signal - I've seen people mod the echobase delay to do that... also there's a loop in the feedback so the repeats compound the effect (think pitch shifting).

I'd also like to see more pedals carry a configurable foot controlled option - tremolo with a foot controlled depth, speed or spacing option - think about it: either you dip in and out of trem with the depth pedal... or speed up a trem like portishead or you split the signal by increasing the spacing from 0...

I'd like more pedals to allow presets to be transmitted via midi.

I'd like an envelope follower in an a/b box so greater attack invokes an effects loop (like the qtron+).

I'd like more pedals to have a delegated LFO input and an LFO generator with a variety of configurable outputs based on a shared LFO - which can be programmed by midi if required.

I'd like a looper to envelope follower with customisable decay and attack so I can play a rhythm then use it as a tremolo or with a phaser or chorus.

A straight guitar/vocoder thingy.

A Fuzz pedal that can be paired with a wah and triggers a buffer if both are invoked at the same time. ..

in fact all pedals should have a simple remote on/off cable that can be shared or go to a centralised device.

... all in a 1590a enclosure ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 619
    a talent booster...:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26974
    edited August 2013
    frankus said:
    I'd also like to see more pedals carry a configurable foot controlled option - tremolo with a foot controlled depth, speed or spacing option - think about it: either you dip in and out of trem with the depth pedal... or speed up a trem like portishead or you split the signal by increasing the spacing from 0... 
    All of Strymon's pedals allow you to control one or more parameters (any parameters available from the front controls) with an external expression pedal :)
    <space for hire>
    A Billy Gibbons eq style thing. Now, if I understood this right his tech worked out a sophisticated eq curve for Pearly Gates ( his 59-?- les paul)and puts that in a programmable rack eq so that any guitar plugged into it sounds pretty much like Pearly Gates. So, Billy is an old bloke and uses very lightweight Bolin les paul style guitars that sound like a much heavier les paul through the use of this technology. Now, assuming you could work out similar eq curves for a bunch of classic guitars ( and non classic ones) and put them all in one programmable box effectively any guitar could become a modeller so you wouldn't need all that line 6 variax stuff. Or at least it would be pretty ball park even if not as close as the best models. Or I should rewatch that youtube clip about Billy's gear and work out properly what was going on . But , otherwise, this.

@erictheweary I remember watching that rig-rundown.

In related news Rebecca Dirks has left Premier Guitar

:((
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    tap tempo phaser for me.

would love to have versions of my current tremolo, phaser and delay pedals all controlled by a single tap tempo switch (not midi).

@not_the_dj - so I am roughly right on what they were doing? In which case it didn't seem to be a massive leap to have a digital eq pedal with a few pre-programmed curves in it.
    edited August 2013
    @not_the_dj - so I am roughly right on what they were doing? In which case it didn't seem to be a massive leap to have a digital eq pedal with a few pre-programmed curves in it.

Maybe, although (and remember I'm not a techy boffin) they weren't exactly making a strat with single coils sound like Pearly Gates, just other twin humbucker guitars, so they were at least in the ballpark to start with

Maybe, although (and remember I'm not a techy boffin) they weren't exactly making a strat with single coils sound like Pearly Gates, just other twin humbucker guitars, so they were at least in the ballpark to start with
    oh, I thought he had Esquires and Billy Bo's and other stuff? Perhaps he didn't want them to sound like Pearly Gates. Bilyy still plays great but his voice got shot a few years ago so his tech needs to come up with a vocal pedal for him.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2388
    Barney said:
    a talent booster...:)
    +1 :))

In related news Rebecca Dirks has left Premier Guitar

:((
    well that's their web traffic down to zero...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

oh, I thought he had Esquires and Billy Bo's and other stuff? Perhaps he didn't want them to sound like Pearly Gates. Bilyy still plays great but his voice got shot a few years ago so his tech needs to come up with a vocal pedal for him.

Might have done. I remember the fluffy one.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8561

I want a hand-wired, hand-painted, limited edition, 6 month waiting list, in/out box with no controls that simply gives you the true-bypass sound. There's a market for seperate buffers, why not this.

:P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom