backup amp recommendations - budget is meh - between £100 and £200

2»

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    You can get a silverstripe Bandit for £50, £40 if you keep an eye on Gumtree. They are the guitar amp version of Tyler laughing as he gets beaten to a pulp by Lou in the basement in Fight Club.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    @nickp - did you ask @Cacofonix about this?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    Sessionette 75 ! (but if you want to play metal then it probably isn't suitable!!) :-q
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • My first proper amp was a marshall mosfet. It was not light. Was brilliant with a nobles odr1 in front of it. Ive been using a Fal doppler chorus 2x12 while my blackstar has been getting serviced recently and I really like it. I'm also very fond of a lot of H&H heads I've tried.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    edited February 2014
    I have a Laney VC30 112 up for sale in the classifieds which includes the footswitch. I priced it at £200 collection only but I can investigate shipping. If it's reasonable I might be able to move on the price. This is a LOUD amp and easily keeps up with an enthusiastic drummer.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    edited February 2014
    Jet city is a great shout. Thomann will sell you a new 2 channel valve head for £202. It's compact, will have warranty. Good option. http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm