SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Klon Centaur

What's Hot
preston61preston61 Frets: 690
So I have sold some gear and want to treat myself for all the hard work I've done on the new house.

Prices on these things vary massively, having watched them on eBay I've seen them go for as little as £500, all the way up to £1000 in the last 12 months.

Please messages if you have one and we can chat through a deal. No klones though, I have the best one as it is (which incidentally will probably be for sale if a get a real centaur)

Also, if you have an opinion on the price of the klon centaur and whether they are worth it or not, I would appreciate it if you didn't express it here. There are plenty of other places online to do that.

Thank you
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    Only a Centaur, not a KTR?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9727
    edited August 2013
    Wow, Alan, you've gone mad !!!

Never owned a Klon, BUT I did a/b it against the ARC... Very very little discernable difference to me.

To be totally honest, having tried owned a Klon, KTR, ARC, Monsterpiece effects, I genunely believe that the whole Klon sound is the emporers new clothes. Maybe my amp has never needed/ responded to 'em, maybe I've never driven 'em hard enough. I dunno....

Keep your money my good friend... Plough it into another amp....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    The man asked us all not to try to reason with him; faith is faith. WE know there are virtually infinite things you could put >£500 into that would bring far, far more satisfaction than the same circuit with the same parts and the same sound that he's already got, but sound and sense are maybe not the motivation.
    And plus, he can sell it next week for the same price and be able to say that he had a Klon, and knows for certain one way or the other. Effectively for free. /rambling
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Warren, I went mad many years ago, haha. I am intrigued to see what all the fuss is about, I like the ARC a lot and will have no problem keeping it if there is no/little difference. I sold a KTR because the ARC better so am not worried about having to have the big name.

I just thought it was worth a try and as already mentioned if I don't like it I can sell it for as much as I paid, no lose really
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7222
    I paid £195 for my one.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry mate, I've just read that you asked NOT to express an opinion !! 

I was recently wondering down the Pete Cornish route so what do I know ???

You are right though mate. Buy one. Try it. Keep it or flip it...
    Not a problem at all @Wazmeister, I do keep wondering if the money would be better saved and put towards a another guitar (I have a custom shop nocaster and dont really think I need anything else though)

On a different note, the pedal arrived safe and well, wont get chance to try it for a while, but wanted to let you know
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Pretty sure Reidys have one.
    Have contacted them, I don't massively fancy paying the price they're asking for it though. They've got a 2nd hand SRV strat for less than £800, now that is tempting
    edited August 2013
    Ive got a Nocaster too mate ! Awesome...

By the way, I bought a CS relic strat that is a serious threat
    to my NC

Go with your heart on the Klon mate. This will be truer than
    anything anyone else or I opinion...
    I have the 2012 model with the twisted tele pickups that are just mind blowing.

I tried a custom shop strat with a Nocaster neck at GAK really and that was pretty impressive, am a sucker for a Tele though and at some point would like to get one with a rosewood board and a humbucker in the neck, coda have a sunburst one in the 2nd hand section which makes me drool
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Please excuse a little ignorance on my part, what's an ARC pedal?
    ARC Effects make an excellent, stunning quality Klon 'klone'... Aaron, who builds them, offers awesome service.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    shuikit;13617" said:
    Please excuse a little ignorance on my part, what's an ARC pedal?
    Check out Brett Kingman's YouTube channel. He has demos of pretty much every Arc Effects pedal. But be prepared for some serious GAS!

Preston61 - if you succeed and need a new home for the Arc Klone can I have first dibs?

I shall let you know first Nick, I will be keeping it for a while though as I dont want to have buyers remorse on the ARC. I have got a deal set up for a Centaur, just waiting on confirmation, so if anyone else wants to sell me one they will have to be fast
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7222
    edited August 2013
    How much are you going to pay for one?

I'm only interested as I have to say, I honestly don't think they are worth anywhere near what they change hands for on Ebay.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    Deal collapsed on the Klon and I've decided to leave it for now. Have just sorted my pedal board and I dont think a Centaur would actually fit.

Think I'll save the money and go looking for a custom shop strat or tele with a humbucker in the neck.

Thanks for joining in guys
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    HUZZAH!! :D
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    I'd love a Nocaster. My next purchase for sure!
  • I had a silver klon - sold it a few years ago now- made my rambler sing like a bird but you have to get the sweet spot.Got decent money though doh! - but I have now got a KTR - haven't gigged it yet but I don't think I would notice the difference unless I actually a/b'd them side by side but why would you do that? If you a/b'd 2 original Klons they would probably sound different - KTR is the same thing and loads cheaper - be sensible - be strong - don't waste your money - just my two pennuth!