Martin McGuinness RIP

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    Blli Clinton's good !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    leaving now - there's some guitar necks and body's in those fine mahogany pews - now there's a thought - all the arses  who've sat on them.

• marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited March 2017
    if you need to learn about thefamine
    read the great hunger.
    visit Skibereen
    learn about the greenmouths
    coffin ships
    famine roads
    of course the knobs treated the english ,welsh and scot peasents awfully too
    they also exported their control skills to india ,kenya and the comonweath
    yet people still vite them in today
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    To be fair, the Irish have enormous influence globally. Every US president in my lifetime bar Nixon and Trum claims Irish ancestry and they run most police departments in the east coast of the US. Boston is like a bigger version of Killburn. As much as it pains me to say so, it was only after English rule that Scotland began to flourish, and indeed Edinburgh was at one point (The age of Hume, Smith Hutchinson ect) the world´s intellectual capital. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5018
    @Evilmags, Nixon's ancestors came from Timahoe, Co. Kildare. In 1970 Nixon visited the ruins where his ancestors lived. There was some controversy at that time as there is a Timahoe in Co. Laois and they laid claim to the Nixon ancestry too. But the Kildare location won out. In 1971 I started my electrical apprenticeship in a Works about one mile fron Nixon's ancestral home but I am not claiming to be any relation of any US President....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum