No Jet City JCA45 (JTM45 clone) coming to UK

What's Hot

Comments

• JC US reckon it'll be December, but I haven't spoken to the guys at the UK store.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JC US reckon it'll be December, but I haven't spoken to the guys at the UK store.
    Thanks for the info

very keen on this having owned an MK50 Mk1 and 2

One noticeable difference is that on the JC there is only a two button foot switch,  one for channel and one for master volume 

The mk50 let you switch in and out the extra drive on the lead channel but this isn't possible on the JC

Theyve dropped the ball on that big time 
  • The mk50 let you switch in and out the extra drive on the lead channel but this isn't possible on the JC

Mark Marshall (found on the JCA22H Facebook group) is currently working on a mod for that very thing :)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited November 2016
    The mk50 let you switch in and out the extra drive on the lead channel but this isn't possible on the JC

Mark Marshall (found on the JCA22H Facebook group) is currently working on a mod for that very thing
    Ooh nice :)

Maybe JC can't do it as stock for legal reasons 

Is he U.K based as I see some of the mods are only carried out in the states?
  • Nah, he's US-based (I think) - however, it's possible that he might publish it. If not, there's also the fact that if one amp tech can do it, it proves that it's possible and so others could well replicate it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've been following the release date for the Custom 5, which has been pushed back a few times and UK stocks for some other amps have taken a really long time to be back in stock.  JCA have a few new products in the waiting, Amelia/Custom 5, some new cabs as well and I get the impression they don't have the most resources to get behind all the orders coming in. 

Having a read a few things about the JCA45, I got the impression it was a model made for a pretty small intended market, a few people of their forum for the base model to be modded by Mark Marshall with a master volume/different output valves and so on. 

• If it sounds and feels as good as the original for £500-600 it's a no brainer 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73078
    If it sounds and feels as good as the original for £500-600 it's a no brainer 
    Not if it's more expensive than a second hand Marshall JTM45 reissue it isn't. This is what I don't understand about the clone market - you can still buy a very well-made modern version of the real thing made by the real company, with the right name on the front. OK, Marshall's reputation isn't great these days but in fact there is nothing wrong with this model.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @ICBM, I think he was referring to the JCA Amelia.
  • Sassafras said:
    What's the Amelia aboot?
    Damn, man...have you been hiding under a rock or something?

He's been too busy about the house with his chores to bother about new amps.
    The benefits are sooooo worth it tho. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Yes the Amelia :)

The MK50ii was around 2k before Cornford shut up shop 

I paid £1500 used at the time so £500 would be fantastic 
    Yes the Amelia :)

The MK50ii was around 2k before Cornford shut up shop 

I paid £1500 used at the time so £500 would be fantastic 
    I reckon the Amelia might be even be about £450 or so.  It's $500 in the States. 

Their amps seem to be really good value for what they are.  I am really tempted by the Custom 5, which is Hovercraft designed.  Could a mean little doom machine!  
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27089
    edited November 2016
    Posted earlier - interesting comments (and commenters...):

Guess that solves the mystery of what the Amelia actually is (kinda) - Martin Kidd designed the Earhart.
    <space for hire>
    amelia.png 304.6K
  • But by the looks of it, Martin Kidd wasn't involved in the development of this particular amp... Interesting. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• But by the looks of it, Martin Kidd wasn't involved in the development of this particular amp... Interesting. 
    Indeed. However, the fact that it's based on one that he did design explains the similarity that people have noticed between the Amelia prototypes and a certain other amp that he made.
    <space for hire>
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited November 2016
    But by the looks of it, Martin Kidd wasn't involved in the development of this particular amp... Interesting. 
    Indeed. However, the fact that it's based on one that he did design explains the similarity that people have noticed between the Amelia prototypes and a certain other amp that he made.
    I would be after an MK clone. I wonder now how close it actually is to the Earhart
  • Hmmmmm interesting in the extreme. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Thomann now have the Amelia in their product list.  Though 'on request' 

Still no news of an official European release date 

https://m.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_amelia.htm

• longilongi Frets: 95
    edited December 2016
    Thomann now have the Amelia in their product list.  Though 'on request' 

The Custom 5 is also there and in stock.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_custom_5_bk.htm

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    edited December 2016
    Thomann now have the Amelia in their product list.  Though 'on request' 

Jet City reckon February. 

https://www.facebook.com/jetcityamplification

As much as anything, I'm looking forward to them getting in to the wild so that someone who knows amps can have a peep inside the box and put the whole "is it an MK50II clone or isn't it" thing to bed. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.