SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ON HOLD - Gil Yaron 59

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
    miserneil said:i
    Boromedic said:
    jealous bell sniffs. 
    This is possibly even more epic than the guitar!! :)

I'm surprised you haven't come across this before and it's cousin bell whiff.

My numbers didn't come up so I'l have to wait until next week. 
    I'm praying for today's numbers to be right or my better halves premium bonds to come good....... Think it will be long gone by the time my boat comes in.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    Beautiful guitar! Are you the first owner and how many does Gil charge for a build, out of interest?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • SauronSauron Frets: 18
    Beautiful guitar! Are you the first owner and how many does Gil charge for a build, out of interest?
    If i remember correctly Gil is not building "replicas" anymore, as he moved to the Bone model, i heard new would cost 12,500$ with Brazilian Rosewood etcetc. and few years waiting.
    Price looks right to me, awesome guitar. GLWTS.
  • MattPMattP Frets: 256
    edited May 2018
    Bones start at $8.5k, I believe.

Keep returning to this thread to window shop, what a stunning guitar.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    I know somebody who paid circa £10k for a Bone
    As he no longer makes LPs .....I think the investment value is all the better for it and it's greatly helped by the likes of Pete Thorn etc who have raised the awareness.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 3005
    The phantom 'lolers' do piss me off. It'll just dissuade people from selling top end gear on here. 

I cannot afford this but I do enjoy window shopping. 

GLWTS
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    sev112 said:
    So it looks like a Chibson where the couldn’t get the logo right?

whats so good about it?

It's not a Replica. That means that everyone can love it. Even people who respect Gibson's trademark. Gil Yaron is a wonderful Luthier. He is also a good bloke and easy to deal with. I don't know if it is an investment at $15,000. Or where that suggestion came from. But we cannot underestimate the quality and the craftmanship, so good luck with the sale OP.

Boromedic said:
     this is the closest you'll get to a 59 Burst the lower side of £80000.

Surely some mistake....
    The closest to a 'Burst for less than £80,000 is a player grade 50's Les Paul. Even at the height of the market they were only $65k.
    Now they are less than half that.  (Street price).
    Many of the Conversion owners on LPF are 'Burst owners who have no problem telling the forum that their Conversion is 99% what their 'Burst is.
    Why would that be a surprise? Both guitars are 50's Les Pauls with PAFs........from the same factory.
    If you are looking for a new guitar, I have no doubt whatsoever that a Gil Yaron should be on a short list of high end guitars, but it is not a 50s Les Paul.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2018
    ^ You're so right ........it's a bit like throwing eggs at the Ferrari Showroom window or as Maranello the Ferrari dealership used to have a on their pre-printed service card check- list amidst Brakes, Air Con etc an item called ENVY LINE..........
    MODS.....you have quite rightly audited this thread to remove damaging content ,a lot of policing and extra work....for many reasons why not just remove the LOL, WOW ,wisdom functions on adverts in the first place.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8960
    Dominic said:
    ^ You're so right ........it's a bit like throwing eggs at the Ferrari Showroom window or as Maranello the Ferrari dealership used to have a on their pre-printed service card check- list amidst Brakes, Air Con etc an item called ENVY LINE..........
    MODS.....you have quite rightly audited this thread to remove damaging content ,a lot of policing and extra work....for many reasons why not just remove the LOL, WOW ,wisdom functions on adverts in the first place.
    ...or enable folks to see which jolly pranksters have posted LOLs...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Skipped said:
    If you are looking for a new guitar, I have no doubt whatsoever that a Gil Yaron should be on a short list of high end guitars, but it is not a 50s Les Paul.
    Usual intelligent, right on the money remark @Skipped ;

And on someone else's sales thread that will be my first and only comment. 
  • kipplekipple Frets: 371
    Skipped said:
    sev112 said:
    So it looks like a Chibson where the couldn’t get the logo right?

whats so good about it?

It's not a Replica. That means that everyone can love it. Even people who respect Gibson's trademark. Gil Yaron is a wonderful Luthier. He is also a good bloke and easy to deal with. I don't know if it is an investment at $15,000. Or where that suggestion came from. But we cannot underestimate the quality and the craftmanship, so good luck with the sale OP.

Boromedic said:

Surely some mistake....
    The closest to a 'Burst for less than £80,000 is a player grade 50's Les Paul. Even at the height of the market they were only $65k.
    Many of the Conversion owners on LPF are 'Burst owners who have no problem telling the forum that their Conversion is 99% what their 'Burst is.
    Why would that be a surprise? Both guitars are 50's Les Pauls with PAFs........from the same factory.
    I was shown a 50s Les Paul standard last year that was for sale and the asking price was £39,000 and the seller could not get any takers at that price.
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1989
    JerkMoans said:
    Dominic said:
    ...or enable folks to see which jolly pranksters have posted LOLs...
    I think the forum should offer a paid subscription to allow forumites to see who's been playing at LOL wars. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simey83simey83 Frets: 13
    H O L Y F U C K, how did I miss this? My word. Now that is a guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10342
    edited May 2018
    This fella must be getting annoyed. 
    He's trying to sell a guitar and every alert is either a fanboy gushing or someone asking about other guitars...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    Wow that is amazing, blimey. I’ve a dave Johnson hand made replica with original PAF’s (ex historic makeovers) but I bet this one pisses all over mine. Bump from me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32350
    The phantom 'lolers' do piss me off. It'll just dissuade people from selling top end gear on here. 

GLWTS
    I wow'd rather than lol'd, and the price probably is about the going rate - but I suspect the lol'ers are amused at the silliness of the whole replica market rather than being passive-aggressive (whatever tf that means) at this particular seller. 

I'm not immune myself, I just sold a bass for almost exactly ten times what I paid for it because a lot of people just have an awful lot of disposable income compared to when I bought it. 

Whatever your thoughts on blowing multiple thousands on guitars, to most professional couples eleven grand isn't a life changing amount of money these days and let's face it, there are far more tedious things which will whittle that kind of money away almost unnoticed if you don't do something with it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    p90fool said:

GLWTS
    I wow'd rather than lol'd, and the price probably is about the going rate - but I suspect the lol'ers are amused at the silliness of the whole replica market rather than being passive-aggressive (whatever tf that means) at this particular seller. 

I'm not immune myself, I just sold a bass for almost exactly ten times what I paid for it because a lot of people just have an awful lot of disposable income compared to when I bought it. 

Whatever your thoughts on blowing multiple thousands on guitars, to most professional couples eleven grand isn't a life changing amount of money these days and let's face it, there are far more tedious things which will whittle that kind of money away lalmost unnoticed if you don't do something with it. 

Yep. Kids for instance.

:s 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
    edited May 2018
    Skipped said:
    Boromedic said:

Surely some mistake....
    Not going to derail this poor fella's sale thread any more, other than to say yawn........... if you want to split hairs over the comment I made feel free to PM me please. Otherwise take your anorak back to the MLP forum, thanks.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This fella must be getting annoyed. 
    He's trying to sell a guitar and every alert is either a fanboy gushing or some asking about other guitars...
     Another Bump.........
    As Oscar Wilde said;
    "Speak ill of me ,speak well of me but for God's sake speak of me "
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7020
    McToot said:
    p90fool said:

GLWTS

Whatever your thoughts on blowing multiple thousands on guitars, to most professional couples eleven grand isn't a life changing amount of money these days and let's face it, there are far more tedious things which will whittle that kind of money away lalmost unnoticed if you don't do something with it. 

Yep. Kids for instance.

:s 
    Nice post @p90fool and yes I spend about £11k a year on childcare!

It’s a shame (and I know I’ve contributed to it) that this post has gone in a different direction to the intended FS.

Admin & @TTony ; perhaps the general comments could be split off into a new post in ‘Guitar’  simply entitled Gil Yaron Replicas. How Much?! And clean this thread up?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom