• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1292
    ' try it again Chappers, this time sit on your hands'

Haha - you reminded me of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11042
    edited June 2014
    Nice! photo image_zpscf697872.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacus;212319" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

' try it again Chappers, this time sit on your hands'

Haha - you reminded me of this..

Not seen that before. Ha ha !
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Pretty crap of him really to be animatedly exited and happy that one of the top amp designers has built him a signature amp.

I'm sure that no-one here would show any emotion at all if they were in the same position.  Possibly even say "nah, don't bother".

Sorry, good luck to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I'd just look like a rabbit in the headlights if you interviewed me on camera.

Amp sounds pretty good to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited April 2014
    14 year Olds across the land will be begging their parents for a pocket money raise now!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25570
    Fuck me.

The jealousy in this thread is awesome!!!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    viz said:
    Hmm. We should use them in our band. photo image_zpscf697872.jpg
    @Viz - you've procreated! :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098

See, I was very blase about Rob's stuff, until the one day that I had a lesson from him and he turned that damned camera on me. You're 100% correct - it's fucking terrifying, because all you can think is "a few thousand people are going to watch this...be cool, man, be cool...GODDAMMIT THAT'S NOT COOL!".

I'm pretty cynical about a good portion of his stuff these days - he seems to have gone from being genuinely likeable to seeming like he's trying to cash in on the likeability, to me - but the guy's doing exactly what he wants, and paying the bills with the proceeds. Fair play...if I could, I would.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fuck me.

The jealousy in this thread is awesome!!!
    Quite .. amp looks good, sounds good and has some cool features. Chappers seems a decent bloke to me .. what's not to like?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

See, I was very blase about Rob's stuff, until the one day that I had a lesson from him and he turned that damned camera on me. You're 100% correct - it's fucking terrifying, because all you can think is "a few thousand people are going to watch this...be cool, man, be cool...GODDAMMIT THAT'S NOT COOL!".

I'm pretty cynical about a good portion of his stuff these days - he seems to have gone from being genuinely likeable to seeming like he's trying to cash in on the likeability, to me - but the guy's doing exactly what he wants, and paying the bills with the proceeds. Fair play...if I could, I would.
    That must have been pretty uncomfortable.

But is that not just a symptom of the modern 'video blog' culture rather than Rob Chapman personally? Long before I'd ever heard of YouTube (I'm a relative newcomer to internet access) I noticed that people behaved differently when filming with a video camera - overstepping personal boundaries without a second thought. Nowadays we seem to have a popular culture that aspires to 24/7 open public video access to everything we do as if that'll make our lives meaningful and worthwhile. I don't buy into that.

I had an experience recently where I was being filmed playing some music with a couple of mates for one of them's YouTube channel. I was absolutely fine so long as we were playing music but, as soon as we had finished and my mate was trying to engage me in conversation, all I could think of was that I was still being filmed and turn the bloody cameras off!

If Rob Chapman tried to film me I'd politely but firmly tell him to turn his camera off - he can film himself as much as he likes, though.
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 428
    Grill to cover the controls so they can't be moved is a good idea.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    edited April 2014

Compared to his 'Andersons' persona I thought that was well restrained for Chappers.

I like him, when returning to guitar a year or so ago I found his demos helpful and their horsing about entertaining.

Muck like 'Top Gear' it is wearing a bit thin for me.

I like the amp though, (not so keen on the big 'V styling, but then it is designed to be played not looked at.) 

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    I don't hate on the guy. It seems a bit unnecessary. He's carving out a music related career at the moment.
    However i don't think i'd ever feel the need for a signature amp or guitar, as that seems a bit egotistical in my opinion. I can just about understand the 'icons/legends' who have them, but they've had plenty of time to build up their egos.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    viz;212324" said:
    Hmm. We should use them in our band.
    Awesome picture dude.

Now tap up Victory for a Viz sig amp and The Silverbaxx has a nice ring to it.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Sounds pretty good (though maybe a little dark for my liking... guessing that's the cornford thing coming through)

the trapdoor and guard are good ideas.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited May 2014
    "It's not just another amp"

Yea, it is. Boooring!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    That must have been pretty uncomfortable.

But is that not just a symptom of the modern 'video blog' culture rather than Rob Chapman personally? Long before I'd ever heard of YouTube (I'm a relative newcomer to internet access) I noticed that people behaved differently when filming with a video camera - overstepping personal boundaries without a second thought. Nowadays we seem to have a popular culture that aspires to 24/7 open public video access to everything we do as if that'll make our lives meaningful and worthwhile. I don't buy into that.

I had an experience recently where I was being filmed playing some music with a couple of mates for one of them's YouTube channel. I was absolutely fine so long as we were playing music but, as soon as we had finished and my mate was trying to engage me in conversation, all I could think of was that I was still being filmed and turn the bloody cameras off!

If Rob Chapman tried to film me I'd politely but firmly tell him to turn his camera off - he can film himself as much as he likes, though.
    The bit that I neglected to mention was that getting on his channel was 90% of the point of having a lesson with him - the idea was to get a bit of exposure for me and my band. It worked too, as far as it went (the band didn't really take advantage of it, so it was wasted in the end).
    <space for hire>