Banned from the GearPage

What's Hot
Be careful what you wish for.

I had two members added to my ignore list by force by the American admins on The GearPage. These are people who regularly profess freedom of speech type crap.

I told some members on the forum that this happened. Insta-ban.

Yeah... land of the free my big blue-titted arse!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BTW - I only realised today. But it looked like they'd been on my ignore list for over a year. I was unable to remove them. Deliberate censorship of conversation and debate. By Americans.

Americans really are the biggest fascists.

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    TGP is a toxic spew-infested heap of steaming shit-headed fuckwit American Trump-cock sucking morons.

I don't llke it. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    I used to be a member there a long time ago...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8124
    I got banned from Gretsch Talk because i mention that ‘Trump’ means Fart in the UK. 

The moderator over there is a massive tool. 
    8reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The two users were a guy called Coldfrixion. I don't really remember what I squabbled about with him. Probably something to do with Axe FX versus Kemper, because he's always been quick to jump in on anything vaguely anti-Kemper. But there was no long standing animosity there.

The other user was Jay Mitchell. Self-proclaimed expert on loudspeakers... someone who disbelieves the latest research on non-linear resonance of rooms, and thus by extension cabinets (because cabinets are just really small rooms) and that was a debate I definitely remember.

So in their nanny-state proclivities, the mods decided (actually I think it was just "big mike" some cow-person from Idaho, probably) to add these two users to my ignore list and prevent me from removing them. I only just noticed tonight when effectively trying to offer a balanced commentary on Axe FX versus Kemper.

My comment outing the moderators for this was deleted and my account banned, with no expiry date. So it seems to be permanent.

So I thought I'd pointlessly out them here in order to maintain the record. Delusional fucking praise and worship playing fucking cow-people the lot of them.

Oh, and they were homophobic to our very own @Gassage at one time too. And we're the only ones who are allowed to do that!

So like I say - be careful what you wish for. You might think person X is a knobcheese, or person Y should be banned outright because they offended your sensibilities.... but you only go that direction if you want your own ability to communicate with people to be limited or curtailed for the QUOTE UN-BLOODY-QUOTE """""""GREAAATTTERRRR GOOOOOODDDDD"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" !! "" !

Yes I've had a beer. Sorry for being melodramatic. Except at least 30% of that apology isn't sincere.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    Philtre said:
    TGP is a toxic spew-infested heap of steaming shit-headed fuckwit American Trump-cock sucking morons.

I don't llke it. ;)
    Come off the fence....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    @WiresDreamDisasters Surely if you contact the mods and promise to talk only about setups for P&W bands, donate to Trump's next election campaign, and recommend where to buy the best automatic weapons in Texas they'll let you back?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9711
    I enjoy TGP, and so do you Drew looking at your many many threads....

At times, I actually find this forum MUCH more negative and reactive than TGP.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    Weren't you banned from here once?

18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31925
    I too generally find US forums more polite than this one, but woe betide you if you step out of line. 
    TGP is as lovely, warm and enveloping as the Mormon church, as long as you don't have a contrary opinion. I got slapped down by the mods over there for make a facetious, but not hostile remark on there (British humour basically) about someone and haven't really bothered with it since unless I'm researching a piece of gear to buy. 

I was banned from the My Les Paul forum for telling a 15 year old who had a crackly pot in his battered Epiphone that although it would fix his problem he didn't NEED a $249 loom from one of their pet vendors to cure it.
    A mod there called LedZepFan actually changed the text of my post to say the loom wouldn't work, then banned me so I couldn't defend myself against the resulting outcry.  
    0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3696
    If you inhabit forums that are full of P&W practitioners, shooters, Trump supporters and occasional guitar players what do you  honestly expect?

Never been there myself but I do contribute to Strat Talk which is an American forum. Apart from the odd reference to guns it is a really pleasant experience.

Every forum has a different flavour and not all Americans are like the weirdos you describe ( I have American relatives) in fact far from it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    No, that was a different Drew. This one is different in many, many ways.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5008
    I got banned from a UNIX forum for complaining that I was being spammed by forum ads.

In general, though, I have a low tolerance level for insults, but I just tend to block & report posters and move on.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    I use TGP, and whilst I don't doubt maybe something went wrong with your situation, the mods have generally been nice to me. Although I use thefretboard a lot and quite enjoy it, I find the overall vibe easily as negative or maybe more than the TGP. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    The Fractal Forum used to be hilarious, any criticism was met with “you don’t know what you are doing” bless them and the cult of Cliff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033

The other user was Jay Mitchell. Self-proclaimed expert on loudspeakers... someone who disbelieves the latest research on non-linear resonance of rooms, and thus by extension cabinets (because cabinets are just really small rooms) and that was a debate I definitely remember.
    That’s a surprise - he seemed a very knowledgable guy, in fact it was him who developed the ‘Mitchell Donut’ (American spelling) idea for stopping the treble beam from speakers - which is based on the correct physics, rather than the obvious ‘solution’ of putting an obstruction in front of the centre of the speaker - and published it as a DIY guide, so he wasn’t making any money out of it.

I left when I just got fed up with the boutique snobbery - the Freakish Blues saga was particularly hilarious and revealing - as well as the P&W/guns/gas-guzzling America First culture of it all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Murica.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I thought the civil rights movement and the resulting backlash was more of a giveaway as to the nature of free speech in Murica than the modmins on TGP.
    Free speech in Murica is only valued if you're saying what they want to hear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I enjoy TGP, and so do you Drew looking at your many many threads....

At times, I actually find this forum MUCH more negative and reactive than TGP.

The first bit is true. The second bit, I don't think is true. The permissiveness of tFB is one of it's weaknesses sure, but it's also one of it's strengths. You can actually give your real opinion on things here for one thing. The other thing is you can have a heated debate, and it can simmer down, and it doesn't have to follow you for half a decade.

That was an alien who invaded my body on a heavy psilocybin trip. Wasn't me.

ICBM said:

That’s a surprise - he seemed a very knowledgable guy, in fact it was him who developed the ‘Mitchell Donut’ (American spelling) idea for stopping the treble beam from speakers - which is based on the correct physics, rather than the obvious ‘solution’ of putting an obstruction in front of the centre of the speaker - and published it as a DIY guide, so he wasn’t making any money out of it.

I left when I just got fed up with the boutique snobbery - the Freakish Blues saga was particularly hilarious and revealing - as well as the P&W/guns/gas-guzzling America First culture of it all.
    He is a very knowledgeable guy. But he's also a total weapon. So there's that. He flat out denied that there was such a thing as nonlinear resonance, regardless of how many white papers I posted. And I wasn't being crass or demeaning when we had the discussion. I was legit trying to get to the bottom of whether nonlinear resonance could be a factor in why IR's sound different to guitar cabs under a microphone.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • And yes this thread is a whinge....

... but looking at the eggs sunny side up.... all I'm really saying is that this place is cool, and we shouldn't mess with it too much. Take the rough with the smooth, and realise that it's pretty great regardless of it's failings (IE: me lol)

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom