Recommend a delay with tape, reverse and a few presets.

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3963
edited June 2020 in FX
Bonus points for small size and not many knobs. Boss DD-200 is wooing me, but should I be considering anything else? Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7025
    edited June 2020
    I sold a Volante then a Jam Llama Xtreme and now have a DD-200 and don't miss the fancypants ones at all. It's a brilliant and practical delay. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    providence chrono delay.     It's awesome.     But tbh you should get a Boss DD500 or the DD200 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3963
    I used to have a TC Alter Ego, which got ditched when I heard the sound quality of my Dunlop Echoplex, which I love. Can the DD200 match the tone of individual pedals, such as the Echoplex? @soma1975 ;
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Much much underrated is the Keeley ECCOS... reveres is superb.
    Much much underrated is the Keeley ECCOS... reveres is superb.
    Yeh, cool-sounding pedal. Reverse loop rather than reverse delay though?
  • bobbatonebobbatone Frets: 68
    I’m currently enjoying Source Audio’s Nemesis. It has a simple knob layout but you can also dig a little deeper if you use the app to edit the programs. You can also save presets (I’m using a tap switch to change between presets by foot). All in all it doesn’t take up that much room on my board and sounds great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    I used to have a TC Alter Ego, which got ditched when I heard the sound quality of my Dunlop Echoplex, which I love. Can the DD200 match the tone of individual pedals, such as the Echoplex? @soma1975 ;
    I'd say it was on a par with my old Dunlop Echoplex, yeah, if not as good as the Volante or Llama Xtreme in outright toanz. 100% good enough for rock n roll though and smashes them on versatility, practicality, size and price. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    bobbatone said:
    I’m currently enjoying Source Audio’s Nemesis. It has a simple knob layout but you can also dig a little deeper if you use the app to edit the programs. You can also save presets (I’m using a tap switch to change between presets by foot). All in all it doesn’t take up that much room on my board and sounds great. 
    Had a Nemesis too before I got the Volante. I'd say it has the edge on the DD-200 on sound quality but you really had to get quite deep with it to make it shine. The DD-200 is pretty instantly great. Also it felt a little less sturdy than the DD-200 but I'd be super happy with either. 

bobbatone said:
    Have you a/b'd the tone with a Boss DD-200, Mandalorian?
    soma1975 said:
    Lebarque said:
    I'd say it was on a par with my old Dunlop Echoplex, yeah, if not as good as the Volante or Llama Xtreme in outright toanz. 100% good enough for rock n roll though and smashes them on versatility, practicality, size and price. 
    Good to know you've had an Echoplex and don't miss it. That's what I'm worried about!
    soma1975 said:
    bobbatone said:
    Had a Nemesis too before I got the Volante. I'd say it has the edge on the DD-200 on sound quality but you really had to get quite deep with it to make it shine. The DD-200 is pretty instantly great. Also it felt a little less sturdy than the DD-200 but I'd be super happy with either. 
    Slightly concerned about Nemesis having the edge re. toanz, however I'm not a 'get deep' kinda pedalman. Simpler is better for me. Can't be arsed faffing around with an app.
    Oh we are talking tiny margins here and really only with the drum/echorec model

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    I'm really happy with my DD200. I've had the Nemesis and Empress Echosystem and find the DD200 gives me easy access to everything I need and sounds great too.
    Same

• richman6100richman6100 Frets: 348
    Another vote for the Nemesis. Personally, I didn't have to go into the editor to get excellent sounds from mine. In fact, I'd say that the sounds out of the box were very good indeed. I have since played with the editor to tweak the patches I've made, but I changed relatively little. If you never went near the editor, you'd still be able to get great sounds from the pedal just using its control knobs.
    Beexter said:
    I'm really happy with my DD200. I've had the Nemesis and Empress Echosystem and find the DD200 gives me easy access to everything I need and sounds great too.
    Cool. Let me know how much you want for it.
    One question for DD-200 users @soma1975 @Beexter : Is the looper good enough to not have another looper? Can you record a loop without delay on it, then overdub with delay etc. easily? I heard a dirty rumour you can't change the volume of the loop...
    It's good but as you can't switch the delay on and off between loops I just bought an rc3

I'd need to check the instructions as although simple on the surface, there are some hidden controls..
    From my experience of the looper, I think you have to either loop/ play over with or without delay- you can't mix and match.
    Likewise, I haven't found an easy way to adjust loop volume - Ive just rolled the guitar volume down for recording and up for playing over.
    I'll check the manual....

Having checked the manual,  it looks like my reply above is correct - ie. very limited looper functionality