Recommend a delay with tape, reverse and a few presets.

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3962
    Lovely. Cheers, chaps
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27723
    Timefactor..? Massively underrated but hugely powerful and sounds great.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    edited June 2020
    I've had a Volante for a few days and love it. That Pedal Show did an hour vid on it, if you want to see what its capable of. 

Have a nemesis arriving tomorrow, so will have a view on that soon, but from what I've seen it looks decent. 

Can't image anything topping a Volante for tape delay though.... unless you go with an actual tape unit, which isn't very pedalboard friendly. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7023
    Yep Volante is outright the best sounding delay I have owned. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3737
    edited June 2020
    If a DD200 appears near me,.. its gonna be mine.  Just what I want from a delay.

But if you have an fx loop, consider a lexicon mx 200 - super simple, great delays and perfect reverbs too and you can footswitch it on an off with a basic switch pedal.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I’ve been enjoying my Walrus Audio Mako, easy to use, sounds good, small package, midi and presets.
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 168
    A used Line 6 Echo Park? It has tape and a reverse setting.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    The DD-200 is really fantastic. I'm still finding new sounds. It's quick and easy to dial in modulation and adjust the delay without menu diving. Love it..
    DanR said:
    I’ve been enjoying my Walrus Audio Mako, easy to use, sounds good, small package, midi and presets.
    Yeh, looks really cool. Pricey and rare though.
  • bobbatonebobbatone Frets: 68
    edited June 2020

Have you a/b'd the tone with a Boss DD-200, Mandalorian?

I have not tried the Boss DD-200 but did consider it before I got the Nemesis. I also looked at the Strymon Timeline. 

In the end the Nemesis seemed like better sounding pedal and also had a slap back setting I knew I would use a lot. I did a/b the Nemesis with my Catalinbread Belle Epoch, and found that Nemesis Tape setting could do just as good as job as the Belle Epoch at tape. 

Another vote for the Nemesis. Personally, I didn't have to go into the editor to get excellent sounds from mine. In fact, I'd say that the sounds out of the box were very good indeed. I have since played with the editor to tweak the patches I've made, but I changed relatively little. If you never went near the editor, you'd still be able to get great sounds from the pedal just using its control knobs.

I agree with this, the Nemesis sounded good right out of the box and I also find that working with the app is actually pretty easy and quick (I use the desktop editor). Once you have adjusted the settings you just save them to the pedal and then you don’t need to go back to the app unless you want to change something. I have pretty much got my sounds sorted now so I don’t need to tinker much.

I still feel like the Nemesis could be a little better in that I have to use an external tap switch for change presets by foot. I would prefer if the tap tempo button could be re-assigned to do it. Seems like this is an area where the Boss DD-200 Has an advantage? 

Also when changing presets it’s not always that easy to see which preset you are on (small lights that are all the same colour can be confusing if you need to know where you are quickly). I haven’t had the chance to gig it very much yet so time will tell if this is an issue.

Overall I am very happy with the Nemesis but still feel like I could do with an idiot proof, easy to see in the dark foot switchable preset pedal that sounds amazing and comes in a small package!

bobbatone said:

Have you a/b'd the tone with a Boss DD-200, Mandalorian?

I have not tried the Boss DD-200 but did consider it before I got the Nemesis. I also looked at the Strymon Timeline. 

In the end the Nemesis seemed like better sounding pedal and also had a slap back setting I knew I would use a lot. I did a/b the Nemesis with my Catalinbread Belle Epoch, and found that Nemesis Tape setting could do just as good as job as the Belle Epoch at tape. 

Another vote for the Nemesis. Personally, I didn't have to go into the editor to get excellent sounds from mine. In fact, I'd say that the sounds out of the box were very good indeed. I have since played with the editor to tweak the patches I've made, but I changed relatively little. If you never went near the editor, you'd still be able to get great sounds from the pedal just using its control knobs.

I agree with this, the Nemesis sounded good right out of the box and I also find that working with the app is actually pretty easy and quick (I use the desktop editor). Once you have adjusted the settings you just save them to the pedal and then you don’t need to go back to the app unless you want to change something. I have pretty much got my sounds sorted now so I don’t need to tinker much.

I still feel like the Nemesis could be a little better in that I have to use an external tap switch for change presets by foot. I would prefer if the tap tempo button could be re-assigned to do it. Seems like this is an area where the Boss DD-200 Has an advantage? 

Also when changing presets it’s not always that easy to see which preset you are on (small lights that are all the same colour can be confusing if you need to know where you are quickly). I haven’t had the chance to gig it very much yet so time will tell if this is an issue.

Overall I am very happy with the Nemesis but still feel like I could do with an idiot proof, easy to see in the dark foot switchable preset pedal that sounds amazing and comes in a small package!

Thanks for the comprehensive response, mate. 
  • DTSBDTSB Frets: 5
    Another nemesis fan (I really do like the source audio approach and when you write them, even with off the wall questions - they write back!)

The neuro app (the computer interface) is dead-easy to use -- you can actually load it up and play with the interface without having the pedal.
    I really find it "design time" and then just use it as a pedal during actual performance

the preset switching gripes are completely valid - but I find the neuro hub to really be a help...now going there you are more moving to a midi switching type environment
    so it's a different deal, but it does give quite a few advantages , esp if you are in the source audio ecosystem (controlling more than one pedal)

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    DD-200 gets my vote. The tape isn't as good as my El Cap but I don't use tape on that board (high gain)
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 245
    Pretty certain that if you press and hold the bypass switch on the Nemesis, it will cycle to the next preset.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    PFAllen2 said:
    Pretty certain that if you press and hold the bypass switch on the Nemesis, it will cycle to the next preset.

not sure
    but you can put it in bypass and then the tap switch acts like the select button
    @DTSB ;; @bobbatone @PFAllen2 ;

Someone told me there's such a thing as a 'manual' for pedals. I know, I've never read one either. Nevertheless, it does seem to be quite useful.

Nemesis manual:

Preset Storage and Recall
    The Nemesis features 128 user presets. User Presets store all user editable parameters. This includes the knob positions, current effect engine, the full list of Neuro/MIDI accessible parameters, and the current settings for external control. After a preset is recalled, you can always tweak it in a performance situation by turning a knob. The knob parameter will then “jump” to the knob position once the knob is moved.

Recalling Presets
    By default, 4 of the 128 presets are accessible via the hardware. Presets can be recalled via hardware in three ways:
     - Press the SELECT button to cycle through the hardware user presets.
     - When the effect is bypassed, you can press and hold the TAP footswitch to perform the same function as the SELECT button to cycle through the presets.
     - Connect an external footswitch to the PEDAL IN jack and use SWITCH mode to step through presets. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 SA260 Nemesis Delay User’s Guide 24

An additional 4 user hardware presets are accessible in Preset Extension Mode. In this mode, the number of presets available on the hardware interface is increased to a total of 8. The Preset SELECT button will now increment through 8 presets instead of 4. The second bank of four is indicated by the ON/OFF LED being lit red.

The remaining 120 presets are accessible by sending a MIDI Program Change messages from an external controller to the MIDI input (you can also access the first 8 presets via MIDI if you wish). Each User Preset is hard mapped to its respective MIDI PC number. For example, MIDI PC 1 will recall User Preset 1 and so on up to PC 128/User Preset 128. 
    yeah
    the hub is pretty reasonably priced and yu can link up to a bunchof stuff

I do wish companies that are going the programmable route would get it together and stanardize (just use midi)
    the standardization bitching (me included) about things like power and control have been going on for 40 years.

• ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 145
    Had a Volante, sold it, tried the Collider, returned it (mainly due to bugs) and now have a Volante returning again. 

It’s such a fantastic pedal.  Extremely easy to use, and no need to dive into apps etc. Can’t recommend it highly enough - just annoyed how long I have to wait for it to be delivered  :)

Otherwise if you like darker repeats, the carbon copy never gets old. 
    TBH I think the collider was a misstep - it's a bit feature stripped
    and winds up being neither fishnnor foul as opposed to dual purpose

• bobbatonebobbatone Frets: 68
    A manual eh, sounds like the kind of thing that would take away hours of fun twiddling knobs and pressing things at random!

I did know about holding the tap tempo, but I am paranoid that it’s not quick enough for changing Presets in a live setting, so for now the external tap switch is better.

However I also use the Source Audio Vertigo and True Spring, so a Neuro Hub may be on the cards!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom