Tour De France time fast approaching - No Froome/Thomas

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Starts in 10 days

Just seen no Froome for the Tour De France - But will lead Ineos at the Vuelta Tour and Thomas to do likewise at the Giro

Ineos look strong for the tour including Bernal and Carapaz

Not sure if Cav will make it now and if he does can he win a stage - Only appears to be get in with a chance when 100/200 metres out, then nothing in the 'locker'

Going to be a busy 2/3 months with all 3 major tours so close together 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Cav is definitely in the twilight years of his career, looking to add to his stage win tally. I hope that he gets the opportunity to achieve this but it seems increasingly unlikely.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Love the Ineos tactic here. Got a strong enough rider in Bernal to go for back-to-back TdF wins, whilst also having the strength and depth to have a real chance at the Giro (which I think will suit G better) and Vuelta. 

Should be an entertaining few months! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Cav is definitely in the twilight years of his career, looking to add to his stage win tally. I hope that he gets the opportunity to achieve this but it seems increasingly unlikely.
    I hope so to but agree unlikely 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    joneve said:
    Love the Ineos tactic here. Got a strong enough rider in Bernal to go for back-to-back TdF wins, whilst also having the strength and depth to have a real chance at the Giro (which I think will suit G better) and Vuelta. 

Ineos were rubbish at the Dauphine with Jumbo Visma taking on the dominant role, although the injuries they endured might affect TdF chances. Just hope it's an open and competitive race with opportunities for the more cavalier riders to shine.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    ewal said:
    joneve said:

Ineos were rubbish at the Dauphine with Jumbo Visma taking on the dominant role, although the injuries they endured might affect TdF chances. Just hope it's an open and competitive race with opportunities for the more cavalier riders to shine.
    Aye. I didn't see any of the Dauphiné, but heard that Jumbo Visma dominated much of it. 

will see what the tour brings, but hopefully it's open, competitive and exciting 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    @joneve you still cycling and golfing ?
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12328
    I predict a fair few MAMILs on my usual ride over the next few weeks, all good though if it gets people out and exercising
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    I predict a fair few MAMILs on my usual ride over the next few weeks, all good though if it gets people out and exercising
    Is there an alternative....? Mind you I’m partial to a bit of Rapha Merino . Guess that’s MAMIM
    sev112 said:
    @joneve you still cycling and golfing ?
    Negative, ghost rider. Still play golf VERY casually, but not played in 18 months. 

And not even cleaned my bike after my Ironman 366 days ago. Absolutely no desire to ride it again haha. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't know much about it even though I really like it. Jumbo did look solid and they've got a lot of big names in the team. I guess it really only matters if those names are a complimentary team of domestiques and potential winners. Could be really interesting, and I wouldn't mind Bernal winning again.
    tFB Trader
    No Cav in the tour - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53867606

Bahrain going to focus on the yellow jersey and/or stage wins with a strong team inc Landa  Poels and Caruso - Looks a strong option for a podium and certainly the odd stage win 
    Think that could spell the end of Cav on the tour for good then :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    Think that could spell the end of Cav on the tour for good then :(
    Agree - Can't see him wanting to be a lead out man and/or just sitting along for a ride

Might have a crack at the Olympics in 2021 as he still wants that gold medal
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337

Might have a crack at the Olympics in 2021 as he still wants that gold medal
    Must be over the hill for a gold now. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Will they all have to ride at least 2m apart?

tFB Trader
    Will they all have to ride at least 2m apart?
    longest peleton in history !
  • Will they all have to ride at least 2m apart?
    Only when Tony Martin's pulling a turn on the front.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Crazy turn of events yesterday. Alaphillipe must have known he would be penalised when he took that bottle, DQT deliberately relinquishing the jersey to concentrate on stage wins for a bit?

Still, Yates in Yellow is good.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    No Froome and no Thomas is a downer for me. Can't get excited about it this year.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    axisus said:
    No Froome and no Thomas is a downer for me. Can't get excited about it this year.
    Yeah same for me, normally an avid watcher, skytrain and all that, didn't even watch the highlights today, Adam Yates has a chance though.