Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who was it suggested Jazz 3 picks.

What's Hot
Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
edited September 2020 in Guitar
Well I thought I'd buy half a dozen and give them a go. That was a few weeks ago and the sock monkey as just stolen the last one so I've gone back to using full size picks. Jesus Christ I'm all over the place and fingers and thumbs. I can't use the damn things now I've got used to the Jazz 3's. Put in an emergency order on Amazon to get a load of them tomorrow. That was something I didn't expect to be doing. So although I was sceptical at first I've got to admit they do make a difference and do tighten up your playing. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11725
    Do you mean Jazz III?

Didn't know there is a Jazz 4.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3691
    Hold up, surely they are Jazz III's?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Jazz 5/4 - Brubeck sig model.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    edited September 2020
    Yep. Sorry. I meant 3's. Now corrected. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• They’re cool picks, I found the thing I liked most was the tip more so than the size. If you want something regular sized with the jazz style tip check out the TIII. It’s a tortex pick with a Jazz III shaped tip
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527

I'm using these now....amazing grip with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They’re cool picks, I found the thing I liked most was the tip more so than the size. If you want something regular sized with the jazz style tip check out the TIII. It’s a tortex pick with a Jazz III shaped tip
    +1. The 1.14mm TIII is the perfect pick for me. I used the Jazz III for years and years but found they lack something when playing heavy rhythm. The TIII solves that for me, best of both worlds.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I really love them.

The red one is great, the carbon fibre even better.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    The only pick I can get on with is the Jazz Stubby.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    I shifted from Jazz III's to Planet Waves Black Ice.
    They are much better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stevepage said:
    They’re cool picks, I found the thing I liked most was the tip more so than the size. If you want something regular sized with the jazz style tip check out the TIII. It’s a tortex pick with a Jazz III shaped tip
    +1. The 1.14mm TIII is the perfect pick for me. I used the Jazz III for years and years but found they lack something when playing heavy rhythm. The TIII solves that for me, best of both worlds.
    +1 again. I feel like I can't dig in enough with a Jazz style pick. I am partial to the green T111's (.88?). I do pick up a purple tortex jazz iii once in a while though. Prefer that material to the nylon.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8359
    Think it was @shaunm maybe?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • steersteer Frets: 1233
    Love Jazz III - originals or Ultex.

My other favorite pick is the Nylon Big Stubby - which cant be much more different. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    Hattigol said:
    Think it was @shaunm maybe?
    Guilty
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16312
    Devil#20 said:
    Yep. Sorry. I meant 3's. Now corrected. 

Don't do it again
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really love them.

The red one is great, the carbon fibre even better.
    Just ordered some carbon, will give them a go. Love the red ones (nylon?). Accurate, great sounding and yet still somehow good for a bit of strumming.
  • I'm a long time Jazz 3 user and like them.  They're perfect for single note lines but I do sometimes get a bit of slipping playing Nile Rogers type stuff, where you have to keep a busy16th note pattern going for long periods.  I have started wondering if something a little bigger would help prevent any movement.  I know Nile uses quite a bendy pick but of course he hardly plays any singe-note lines - I think I'll always prefer a rigid pick.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    They’re cool picks, I found the thing I liked most was the tip more so than the size. If you want something regular sized with the jazz style tip check out the TIII. It’s a tortex pick with a Jazz III shaped tip
    Or go for the jazz 3 XLs. I’ve been using the tortex ones for a few years. They do Red nylon and ultra too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Jazz 5/4 - Brubeck sig model.
    I'll take 5
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2496
    I've used Jazz IIIs for a good while now and haven't really looked back. The max grip ones are even better. It's funny how we spend x amount of money on guitars, amps and fx, yet the right plectrum is possibly the most important piece of kit.