Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Red String - Liverpool

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Nothing wrong with the guitar IMO other than everyone is obsessed with lemon burst flame tops so it's priced accordingly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4699
    Ok.  I've bought it.  I'll report back when it arrives.

Thanks for all the input - very helpful.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Looking forward to your update!
    Now the problem is what to sell..............
  • Hope it is all above board and that you're happy with it  :)
    Hope it is all above board and that you're happy with it  :)

Thanks - me too
  • Philly_Q said:
    On the "Reborn Old" and "Love Rock" thing, don't they produce slightly different models for different markets?  I think the ones Faber used to have were "Reborn Old".  And I don't know if it's still the case, but for a time the ones imported into the UK had to have a slightly modified - non-Gibson - headstock shape.
    Yes, the official UK models had/have a nib in the middle of the open book headstock, this doesn’t so I’m guessing that it is from another territory originally.
  • rlw said:

really is a great looking guitar, hope you bond with it and upload a couple of pics - good luck with it
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    rlw said:

Hope it works out and you've snagged a bargain  :)
    We shall see. Not a word from the vendor yet.........................
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    rlw said:
    We shall see. Not a word from the vendor yet.........................
    If you haven't heard anything by tommorow afternoon there's a rabbit away and expect a bullshit response. 

Hope i'm wrong and you get your bargain.
    Still not a word.  I’ll message him this morning .....
    Still waiting..............
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So I cancelled the order, which then got a response if no apology.
    This could be fun.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I'm in Liverpool and never heard of this lot. Assuming it's an online only thing. I'll ask around!
  • I think the value of these may drop as FGN is distributed more widely now. You can get a similar looking plaintop from fgn with in-house pickups for less than a grand new. Sub in some new pickups and it's still a fair bit cheaper than this. 
    It’s on its way.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think the value of these may drop as FGN is distributed more widely now. You can get a similar looking plaintop from fgn with in-house pickups for less than a grand new. Sub in some new pickups and it's still a fair bit cheaper than this. 
    FGN hasn’t been a great success as far as I could see - Coda heavily discounting for instance - but we’ll see.   I see them as competing more with the mid range Gibsons.
    The higher end Tokai are supposed to be as good as and better than Gibson USA and at £1200 that’s a pretty good price for a guitar listing new at £2k +.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    edited February 2021
    rlw said:
    I think the value of these may drop as FGN is distributed more widely now. You can get a similar looking plaintop from fgn with in-house pickups for less than a grand new. Sub in some new pickups and it's still a fair bit cheaper than this. 
    FGN hasn’t been a great success as far as I could see - Coda heavily discounting for instance - but we’ll see.   I see them as competing more with the mid range Gibsons.
    The higher end Tokai are supposed to be as good as and better than Gibson USA and at £1200 that’s a pretty good price for a guitar listing new at £2k +.
    FGN has had three different UK distributors in as many years apparently. Coda bought in stock from the previous one cheap because they were folding it up - so the discounts were built in, and most of it sold relatively quickly. Hopefully whoever is distributing it now is more capable and aids the marketing properly - they make excellent guitars..
    edited February 2021
    Whitecat said:
    rlw said:
    FGN has had three different UK distributors in as many years apparently. Coda bought in stock from the previous one cheap because they were folding it up - so the discounts were built in, and most of it sold relatively quickly. Hopefully whoever is distributing it now is more capable and aids the marketing properly - they make excellent guitars..

Ah. Didn't know that about FGN.  I looked at them, saw the discounts and thought to myself that they will be a hard sell secondhand unless you give them away.  And the pointy cutaway won't help I guess.