SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold: Fidelity Double Standard, Godin Radiator (2020 version) and Godin Progression

What's Hot
Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
edited December 2022 in Guitars £

Thinning the herd a bit again - and tidied up the post - added a Godin Radiator (2020 version) and Godin Progression.  

Three guitars priced (hopefully) to sell. 

First up:

Fidelity Double Standard 2020 - Sonic Blue Heavy Relic

I sold my first Fidelity and quite quickly regretted it, so when I saw this 2020 Double Standard appear on Reverb I jumped at it. It’s a relic’d finish, but hasn't been relic'd any further during my ownership.

Solid wenge neck, descendant vibrato, mojotron humbucker pickups, hand made in Cambridge. New these are over £2,200 - just priced up this spec on their website. It’s a really nice guitar and they don’t come up for sale second hand that often. Weighs 8lb 3oz. The neck is an oiled finish - feels great.

Here are the specs:

Type: Double-cutaway chambered electric
Body: Swamp Ash with torrefied (roasted) Swamp Ash top, "german carve" top-edge,
forearm & belly contours
Neck: One-piece Wenge with Zebrawood skunk stripe, oil finish. All options have clay inlays and medium "C" profile, bolted-in neck joint (steel inserts)
Scratchplate: 3mm acrylic tortoiseshell 
Scale Length: 25.5"
Fingerboard: 9.5" to 14" compound radius
Nut / Width: Bone / 42mm
Frets: 21, Medium / Jumbo
Hardware: Fidelity Guitars billet aluminium bridge with Gotoh SW-3 brass saddles,
Gotoh SD-91 Magnum-Lock tuners
Descendant vibrato
Electronics: Master volume & no-load tone controls, 4-way rotary pickup selector, Neutrik jack
Mojo Pickups P90-sized Mojotron humbucker (neck & bridge)
Sonic Blue
Finish: All finish options are hand-aged, the level of relicing - heavy
Hiscox hardcase, Heistercamp Catalyst leather strap.

I have quite a few photos from when it was being made that I can send on to the buyer. 

It comes in a hiscox hard case with all the case candy and allen keys.

SOLD ON EBAY

Godin Radiator 2020 Bourbon Burst - Rosewood Board - Made in Canada

This is in really good condition - barely any signs of use. Like most of my guitars, it was an impulse buy and I haven't played it much.

Music Radar gave the Radiator 4.5/5 and the same from Guitarworld. Released in 2020. It’s a high quality guitar and good value for money. It's made in Canada. I have two other Godin guitars (S-type and T-type) and all three are very well made.  It has a semi-gloss dark maple neck with rosewood board. 

Weight is around 7lb 10oz. 

Specs

Body Silver-Leaf Maple

Neck Silver Leaf Maple

Fingerboard Rosewood

Fingerboard Radius

12" (304.8 mm)

Scale Length

24.75" (628.65 mm)

Nut Width

1.6875" (42.8625 mm)

Nut Type

Graphtech

Frets

Machine Head Ratio

Bass side 18:1, Treble side 26:1

Neck Pickup

Custom Godin humbucker

Bridge Pickup

Godin Custom Humbucker

Bridge and Tailpiece

Wraparound bridge

Controls

2x Tone, 2x Volume, 3-way Switch

Color

Bourbon Burst

Finish

Semi Gloss

Gig Bag

Please note: photographed with a Schaller bridge. The original Godin bridge will be put back on the guitar with a new set of strings prior to shipping in its good quality gig bag and original shipping box. 

£450 - NOW £375 ono including insured UK mainland shipping (bank transfer or PP Gift)

Godin Progression with HDR (like a boost built in)

I bought this on a whim from eBay because it felt like a bargain. It’s not really my thing. It was a bit grubby when it arrived, but I cleaned it up and put some d’addario NYXL 10s on it, and it looks great. Has a nice low action and neck is quite like a Fender modern C. 

Nothing really to report in the way of marks beyond a little swirling when caught in the right light. No noticeable fret wear. Just missing the trem arm, but should be easy to buy a cheap replacement. 

The headstock says assembled in the USA from parts hand crafted in Canada. 

Comes in a good quality Godin gig bag. This looks brand new too.

Description

The Godin Progression is the next evolution of the single-coil guitar. It features all the “slap & spank” you’ll ever need, as well as extremely consistent volume output between the Godin GS-2 pickups and the unexpected power & crunch that you wouldn’t expect from a single-coil guitar. The Progression combines a 25 1/2" scale neck with the added snap of a rock maple neck along with the added bonus of the High-Definition Revoicer.

H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer

The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button. The H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the character of each pickup. It’s like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 guitar for 5 pure passive tones + 5 pure active tones.

Specification

• Rock Maple neck
  • Rosewood Fingerboard
  • 12" fingerboard radius
  • 25 1/2" Scale
  • 1 11/16" nut width
  • Silver Leaf Maple body with poplar wings
  • 3 X Godin GS-2 single coil pickups
  • Controls: 5-way switch, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 1 x Godin High-Definition Revoicer (H.D.R.)
  • Colour: Black
On for what I paid for it £250+postage

SOLD - Gordon Smith GS2 - Heritage - Tobacco Burst - SOLD

£699 including UK mainland postage. Bank transfer or PP gift. SOLD

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Christ, that Fidelity is stunning, never seen one of those before! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardTRichardT Frets: 71
    edited May 2021
    Handsome guitars for sure, they've got that retro-modern aesthetic pretty well nailed, first time I saw one of these I had a 'yeah I remember those from my mid 70's early teen guitar shop browsing/timewasting days' moment.  Absolutely love the detailing, hex bolts and all.

[edit]  Didn't realise these are chambered. That's got me thinking. I could ditch my search for a chambered/semi birth year git and commission one of these to my very own totally made-up Thinline '62 spec lol.

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
    RichardT said:
    Handsome guitars for sure, they've got that retro-modern aesthetic pretty well nailed, first time I saw one of these I had a 'yeah I remember those from my mid 70's early teen guitar shop browsing/timewasting days' moment.  Absolutely love the detailing, hex bolts and all.

[edit]  Didn't realise these are chambered. That's got me thinking. I could ditch my search for a chambered/semi birth year git and commission one of these to my very own totally made-up Thinline '62 spec lol.

Yeah. They certainly have an appealing retro look. 

Fidelity are most active on Instagram. They make all sorts in addition to their own designs. All of them look stylish. I’m sure Matt would make whatever you want. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    What a fabulous pair of guitars there, both makes I've only got to know very recently and both have really impressed.

I had no real idea what to expect the Double Standard to feel like going from its looks. So if you're eyeing up this listing and feeling tempted (and you really should be!), behind the fairly industrial look is a thoroughly refined instrument that feels very premium and plays as well as anything I've ever tried. I've found it totally addictive to play. Oh and I've never met Rich but he was really lovely to buy from.
  • RichardTRichardT Frets: 71
    edited May 2021
    Was musing on possibility of scaling up these designs & adding f holes or deco-ish equivalent. Looks like he's way ahead of me....   [sigh] does this place not like FB photo URLs for some reason, or am I having a(nother) senior moment here?

Anyway, this is someone else's FS thread so I will now STFU. 2 very nice instruments.

dazzajl said:
    What a fabulous pair of guitars there, both makes I've only got to know very recently and both have really impressed.

I had no real idea what to expect the Double Standard to feel like going from its looks. So if you're eyeing up this listing and feeling tempted (and you really should be!), behind the fairly industrial look is a thoroughly refined instrument that feels very premium and plays as well as anything I've ever tried. I've found it totally addictive to play. Oh and I've never met Rich but he was really lovely to buy from.
    Thank you. Pleasure dealing with you too!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    That Fidelity is something else. Anyone eyeing up a Novo oughta take a look at it for like half the price…
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Pm'd
    Gordon Smith sold
  • Fidelity guitars are pretty special - Matt makes cool things that feel super to play.

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    The neck on that fidelity looks awesome, wish I had something to sell or trade! 
    Realised I didn't really post a photo of the back of the neck on the Fidelity. Here it is in a photo that Matt at Fidelity took of it.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If I’ve priced this too high, I’m happy to listen to offers. I’m pretty easy going and the worst that can happen is I politely decline. 
    edited May 2021
    Price drop. Though thinking I might just keep it for the time being. 
    Good grief I am sorely tempted, which makes very little sense. 
    dazzajl said:
    Good grief I am sorely tempted, which makes very little sense. 
    Can never have too many guitars, right…?
    How do those mojotrons compare to the blade version in your last one? 

Asking for a friend, obviously. 
    I’m not especially good at describing these things, but here goes. 

The bridge and neck individually are not as thick sounding as the bladed Mojotron. The neck has great clarity with the bridge being more mellow. Run together in series they are as thick and full as you like - really big sounding, and somewhere in between in parallel. 
    The plan of buy this, work out which fits me better and sell the other before all the bills are due is prudent and foolproof. Right 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    The plan of buy this, work out which fits me better and sell the other before all the bills are due is prudent and foolproof. Right 
    Classic GAS move