What colour should I have my guitar painted?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Tartan. Although tartan paint is quite expensive these days…
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FYI, at this point (quite against all advice above, but thanks for it, it was really useful actually), I'm leaning towards this (leaning so heavily that I'm probably going to ask someone to do it):

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    FYI, at this point (quite against all advice above, but thanks for it, it was really useful actually), I'm leaning towards this (leaning so heavily that I'm probably going to ask someone to do it):

So much yes.  That grain is stunning!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12269
    Generally, anything but sunburst.  If it was me (and I wish it was) it would either be the metallic black or the purple.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the slight yellow tint - looks beautiful
  • Ah, for me, metallic finish is like Kate Bush at the height of her powers - beautiful, obviously, and inspiring a great deal of respect, tinged with fear, but I'm not sure I'd like us to move in together. 

Not that that would be an option for me with imperial-era Kate Bush. Or any other Kate Bush, for that matter. 

(Anywhere else on the internet I could get cancelled for that.)

Photoshop-wise, I've tried it with a burst and without and other than the translucent white (which I love, but I already have a tele like that and it would feel like a failure of imagination to have two), I'm more drawn to the slight bursts . That's what this thread is for, really - occasionally I scroll through it and see what catches my eye, just like I would a FS thread. 

A piece of advice my design mentor gave me that's always stayed with me: "Never use purple". Something to live by. 

The real thing will obviously be better, not least because the bridge won't be perspective-corrected, but also because clear coat and highly-experienced professional who's made lots of beautiful guitars. 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5609
    Baby blue for sure. There is a quick profit to be had. If you scratch it up a bit and offer it to a certain forum member for £2000, he will jump at it.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1639
    Offset said:
    Generally, anything but sunburst.  If it was me (and I wish it was) it would either be the metallic black or the purple.
    Yes. Be a sin to have thick black outer edge paint on a guitar which absolutely has no need for it.

The grain is fantastic, don't hide any of it :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    I don't think your photoshop things help, they all look too fluorescent. I presume you are working in RGB, I'd recommend CMYK.