Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 2017 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1958 Reissue (Ice Tea, 871472, sold here earlier this week)

What's Hot
Specifically:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/223001/sold-2017-gibson-custom-shop-historic-les-paul-1958-reissue

This 2017 R8 passed through here briefly earlier in the week, and regrettably, I missed out (blink, and you missed it!).

This WTB ad is an opportunity for me to re-state my continued interest in / call dibs on this guitar should it come back round again, and to hopefully catch the eye of the new owner who might understand the context for my interest (sorry, don't know who you are - hence the WTB ad rather than direct message).

Thanks in advance ...

Dave
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Not in the market myself but that was a lovely looking piece.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump - reaching out to the new owner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 576
    Hello. I have an all original 2009 VOS R8 in Ice Tea if you are interested. The one you missed out on looks like it's a gloss model which were made. Thanks . John.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PAL said:
    Hello. I have an all original 2009 VOS R8 in Ice Tea if you are interested. The one you missed out on looks like it's a gloss model which were made. Thanks . John.
    Hey matey - thanks for the offer.

My interest is in the guitar in the title, and I'm very much hoping to catch the attention of the new owner.

Ta! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One last bump in the hope that the new owner has had time to reflect on the circumstances surrounding his latest purchase….
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    One last bump in the hope that the new owner has had time to reflect on the circumstances surrounding his latest purchase….

This has piqued the nosey / curious side of me. Sounds intriguing? I thought you just missed out on it to someone else?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    I've got 871391  :)
    Less is more
  • One last bump in the hope that the new owner has had time to reflect on the circumstances surrounding his latest purchase….
    Eh?????!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7023
    One last bump in the hope that the new owner has had time to reflect on the circumstances surrounding his latest purchase….

This is all a bit weird and cryptic. Sounds like you need time to reflect about your obsession with a guitar you’ve never even seen or played. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Yea, what’s so special about this one to you? 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1000
    The circumstances?
    Man offers guitar for sale. 
    Man with readies buys guitar. 
    Both happy. 
    The latter probably more happy as that’s a gorgeous guitar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The overall point of this thread is for me to reach out to the new owner in the hope that he / she will contact me directly. I can’t do that privately as I don’t know who the new owner is. 

It is unfortunate that I have to pursue the opportunity for a private conversation in a public forum.

if the new new owner would care to drop me a private message then that would be appreciated. 

As stated above, this is my last attempt at establishing contact.

Thanks for your consideration.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair enough - "the one last bump......" comment made it sound very mysterious and provoked the additional comments I think. Good luck with your search.
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1306
    I think the reason people are curious is because the wording of your posts comes across as if there’s something more to the story than you just trying to “establish contact” with the new owner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure others will pop up, Unless theirs something special about this one? 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
    How many people do you reckon have PMed claiming to be the new owner just to find out what's going on? Not that I thought of doing that or anything.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    I think they were born on 87/14/72 and want their birthday guitar 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited February 2022
    Have you contacted the seller of the guitar and asked him to pass on your interest and contact details to whoever bought it?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Have you contacted the seller of the guitar and asked him to pass on you interest and contact details to whoever bought it?
    Personal opinion seller shouldn't do that...

Why would he have the right
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2077
    Rocky1991 said:
    Have you contacted the seller of the guitar and asked him to pass on you interest and contact details to whoever bought it?
    Personal opinion seller shouldn't do that...

Why would he have the right
    Nothing wrong with that imo. Different if he was asking the seller for the buyers contact details, I would agree that’s not something the seller should disclose without permission.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.