Listening Party #12 - The War on Drugs - Live Drugs - start playing at 8pm on 8th June

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
This is the thread for Listening Party #12 which will start at 8pm sharp on Wednesday 8th June, so cue up your CD or vinyl, rewind your tape or add to your Spotify playlist ready to go. I will very likely be in Kuwait but will join from there, inshallah... 

For an explanation / idea of what we are trying to do, please read this thread:

Please chip in with any positive comments or observations on each tune as they are being played in real time. There will be plenty of opportunity to expand on longer thoughts if you want to after the 'live' thread has finished, so keep them short and upbeat during the playback period. There might be a very short drinks interval between side 1 and 2. I will let you know when side 2 will re-start. 

I thought I'd save the obscure indie record for a few parties later, but this is an absolute cracker...

Artist: The War on Drugs
Album: Live Drugs (2020)

Hailing from Philadelphia and not necessarily having a set lineup, this quasi-live-but-heavily-studio-tweaked record is one of the finest things put to hard drive in recent years. These live versions are miles better than the studio records, and the band is phenomenal throughout - even Pitchfork liked it. 

You don't have to be on drugs, but you owe it to yourself to listen on the best system you have. 

Spotify

Apple Music 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments