NGD 336 Made 2 Measure

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Rabs said:
    Just when I thought I was done buying after my last 336 purchase. I have been eyeing up a guitar for a couple of months now... Its an unusual guitar in the fact it has P90s rather than humbuckers.. You really dont see many like this.. If any others are even out there.. Its apparently a made 2 measure guitar.. I really like P90s and I love my 336 so this guitar was just too nice for me to pass up.

From what I can tell so far its a standard 336 with the only difference being it has P90s and no pickguard (which very much suits me).

Also it was advertised as a 2010 model which I knew it wasnt.. From the pictures I saw on the internet it looked like the serial started with an 8.. So I thought its a 2008/2018 model.. 

Whats odd is it came with its QC document so you think the seller/shop would have twigged on and to my pleasant surprise  actually its a 2016.. And in looking very much closer the first number is a 6 not an 8 it has dark grain around it and was really hard to tell even in person.

So here you go.. I present my new 2016 CS 336 F with P90s  D 

I now just have to hope I dont find one with mini humbuckers  D   But seriously really happy with this purchase :+1: 

Then 3 P90s, then 3 mini humbuckers, then....................

That said, nice guitar.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    gordiji said:
    I like your goldtop at the back, how does it differ from the 336 apart from being heavier ?
    That Goldtop is a 60s Tribute Studio... So, not a full fat LP..  I do believe its chambered so actually will be in interesting comparison between the two...  I only got this guitar a few hours ago so need way more time with it yet...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabs said:
    Wow!

You'll be needing a specially cut pickguard now, right? ;)
    Ha  :)   Its one of the reasons I really like it.. It has its own look going on.. I dont want to spoil that.. Plus I am not the kind of player that hits that part of the top when I am playing so its all good by me.. And you get to see more of the top  :D 
    At first glance, I thought it was a Collings!
    tFB Trader
    When I first saw this guitar. Initially my first thought was to change the plastics to black. But then I got more and more in to how it looks..  Decided to do a quick mock up anyway and actually I think I may have to change them over. What do you reckon?

https://i.imgur.com/YHOKEXx.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    edited February 2022
    Lovely stuff. I'd keep the knobs as they are but put black covers on. 

@guitars4you they did a fully hollow one with laminate wood - that was the ES-390, which came with dogears or mini humbuckers. You can spot them by the trapeze tailpiece and top-mounted jack socket

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22944
    I think I like it as it is, with the cream covers and amber knobs.
    tFB Trader
    So I finally got around to getting some black covers for the P90s. Man they are becoming harder to get these days. They used to sell Gibson spares in the local guitar shop.. Even Gibsons shop didnt have any.

I tried buying some cheap ones on Ebay but they did not fit. And all the other ones looked exactly the same. They were close but did not fit in the pickup holes as the radius of the corners was completely off.. See

And the original ones. You can see what the issue is

So I found some in the end, proper Gibson ones from Thomann

And.. Lovely jubbley.... I also have some black speed knobs but have decided for now to leave the amber ones on for now and see how I like it in a few days..

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    nickel covers ;)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    tFB Trader
    bertie said:
    nickel covers ;)
    Ahhh dont do that... Its taken me about five months just to get this far  :D 
    Rabs said:
    bertie said:
    nickel covers ;)
    they really do look ace..................................... just saying........................ and you can get them...............
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22944
    Rabs said:
    bertie said:
    nickel covers ;)
    I think @OilCityPickups has said that they don't put a full nickel cover on their humbucker-sized P-90s because it's the only factor which stops them sounding like traditional P-90s.  So I suppose the same would apply if you put a nickel cover on a regular P-90.  Is that enough to put you off?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Rabs said:
    bertie said:
    nickel covers ;)
    I think @OilCityPickups has said that they don't put a full nickel cover on their humbucker-sized P-90s because it's the only factor which stops them sounding like traditional P-90s.  So I suppose the same would apply if you put a nickel cover on a regular P-90.  Is that enough to put you off?
    OK, "satin chrome" then........................ ;)
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    One of the examples of Gibson trying something new , cool and traditional looking and people just wanting more of the same instead.

Very cool design and sounds very nice (played a couple)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom