What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Siblings

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    roberty said:
    Siblings

I like these nice and simple and look very professional. Which clear coat do you use ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Siblings

I like these nice and simple and look very professional. Which clear coat do you use ?
    Thanks. It's this one mate:

Hycote Clear Lacquer 400ml https://amzn.eu/d/dPLpquf

I let the decals dry overnight and then spritz the thinnest coat on every so often the next day. Day three they're good to go

I like clear coat days because it makes the house smell nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I rough the tops of the enclosures with sandpaper before the decals go on. I like to use a fairly rough sandpaper grade and go in circles so the swirls catch the light
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Siblings

Thanks. It's this one mate:

Hycote Clear Lacquer 400ml https://amzn.eu/d/dPLpquf

I let the decals dry overnight and then spritz the thinnest coat on every so often the next day. Day three they're good to go

I like clear coat days because it makes the house smell nice
    Awesome. I have had a lot of fun recently as I met someone locally who has a Kemper, and I’ve been trying the pedals through it. Sounds really great, took a life pedal mini and a sea machine the other day. But when I leave them with him I have to tell him what the knobs do. So really need to sort labelling out. What water slide are using 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

@Cookiemonster it's this stuff but they've run out

Sunnyscopa Waterslide Decal Paper for Laser Printer - Clear, A4, 20 Sheets - Personalized Water Slide Transfer - DIY Custom Printable Water-Slide Decals https://amzn.eu/d/f1jPoqb

I got some different stuff and it's rubbish. The back is too sticky so the decal layer tears when you apply it. Waiting for another brand to be delivered

I only started doing decals cos I was fed up with not remembering what the knobs do
    edited May 2023
    @Cookiemonster just had this stuff delivered it's really good

Wellington Waterslide Decal Paper... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08945P6CH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2023
    Redid this old build. Strange Headmaster germanium treble booster

Bit of a jumbled mess inside but it is sound and the soldering is clean

Now that I've got my amp shelves up I want to experiment with different types of boosts so I've tarted this one up and put it back to standard values 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    A wee trick I do when using vero is to leave an extra strip of holes and open them up very slightly. Then you can double the wires back and through a hole.
    This makes it much stronger as I was finding that that's where wires break 9/10 times. Sockets and stuff you can use a little bit of heat shrink to strengthen connections. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    A wee trick I do when using vero is to leave an extra strip of holes and open them up very slightly. Then you can double the wires back and through a hole.
    This makes it much stronger as I was finding that that's where wires break 9/10 times. Sockets and stuff you can use a little bit of heat shrink to strengthen connections. 
    That's a great idea!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27597
    @roberty ;

I have now been inspired to try something on my next pedal build, other then Sharpie.

Have you tried - can you recommend - any of the decal papers in an inkjet?  It's been a while since I've had a laser printer at home.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    @roberty ;

I have now been inspired to try something on my next pedal build, other then Sharpie.

Have you tried - can you recommend - any of the decal papers in an inkjet?  It's been a while since I've had a laser printer at home.
    Sorry mate I completely missed this! I am using a laserjet printer

I'm using this brand and it is good:

Wellington Waterslide Decal Paper Inkjet Clear, A4 Water Decal Paper for Inkjet Printer, Clear Transfer Paper (20 Sheets) https://amzn.eu/d/8pk4QdS

Noticed that the previous version of Fuzz Dog Colorsound Overdrive PCBs are £2.50. I have a backlog of stuff to finish building but I ordered one. A bargain for Gilmour fans

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/product/pcbvintpow
    edited August 2023
    Decided to box a lot of circuits up. Been having fun building but have 20 + circuits to box now, do others do this ? 

On the plus note, I have finally had success with germanium builds, I found them frustrating before. But now have some Tonebenders and Fuzz faces and thinking about making a meathead but tweaking it for germs 

That's cool @cookiemonster. ; I find I have a sort of slow motion production line workflow these days. Lots of projects happening slowly. I hate drilling so I think I'm sort of subconsciously delaying the point at which I have to
  • roberty said:
    That's cool @cookiemonster. ; I find I have a sort of slow motion production line workflow these days. Lots of projects happening slowly. I hate drilling so I think I'm sort of subconsciously delaying the point at which I have to
    I hate drilling as well. Think I might get Tayda to do it for me. 

Finished this. It's a cocked wah/gain circuit into an FV-1 doubler. The doubler has analog dry through

I only ever use these two effects together so I thought I would make them into one bonkers boost pedal and tidy my board up a bit

The decal is a bit high (oops) and the two bottom labels on the left are semi covered by the knobs. I think I'll get two more of those little black ones. It'll look better like that anyway I think and help delineate the two circuits 

Bit hard to photograph cos it's so shiny

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5156
    roberty said:
    I hate drilling as well. Think I might get Tayda to do it for me. 

Me too. I've been thinking of getting one of these:

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/product/1590btemplate

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Lol just realised I got my filter and blend labels mixed up. I'm so used to my factory pedal I just labelled it the same way. I will probably redo the label in the weekend. I just got some pure acetone which takes this shit off in seconds so it's not a big deal
  • Tonight's soldering has produced one of these: a Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard built on a Fuzzdog board. 

I had previously dismissed this as "just another fuzz" when reading about it but after I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole I realised its a lot more than that. 

Its mad, but in a good way. Synthy, filtery, fuzzy madness. Very touch sensitive. Highly recommended for those of you who like unusual things. 

Always been interested in those @UnclePsychosis especially being a NZ emigree

Just did this quick and dirty kit build, Fuzz Dog Brain Bomb. Optical warbly PT2399 thing. Imagine courtesy of Midjourney and knobs from Zander