I think I need to join mumsnet!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
I google for some info on physio vs osteo, and one of the top results was a discussion on mumsnet. I've heard of mumsnet mentioned before but didn't actually know what it was really like. I clicked to look at the thread and the site is down today, but so the mum's could get their daily 'fix' they posted a list of popular threads. Well, I have to admit that I got dragged into reading a few and it was all rather funny! I think I'm gonna have to join the party!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    wowser it must really hurt for you to get involved with those mentalists.    Are you sure you aren't overdoing the painkillers? ;-) :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    edited October 2014
    They use weird acronyms to refer to family members on that site. You will need this:

http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

I was looking on mumsnet a while back - it had some useful information about schooling on there.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I think you need to take a long hard look at your life.
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    John_P said:
    wowser it must really hurt for you to get involved with those mentalists.    Are you sure you aren't overdoing the painkillers? ;-) :)
    Worse. He confused his painkillers with some oestrogen pills..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• The big question has to be, is he being unreasonable? :P
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Apparently they're having a bit of a recruitment drive.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Stay away, Jedi. Look at some Telecasters quick! :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16477
    edited October 2014

EWCM

egg-white cervical mucus

well, that's dinner sorted.

SPD

symphisis pubis dysfunction

think I have their second album somewhere.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Mumsnet women suffer everything worse than men.  So you might do well to get some advice on there.

They will have walked 40km in a day (According to their fitness monitor wristband) whilst sedentarily watching Jeremy Kyle all day and driving the Range Rover about for an hour for no reason really, in peak traffic times of course.

They will have experienced back pain like no one would believe, just by bending over to pick up the shopping or possibly just waking up from their afternoon slumber.  A bullet in the spine, or a herniated disc just won't compare to the pain they have to suffer.

They will have experienced the most lethargy and fatigue from overwork and physical abuse of their bodies that is ever known to mankind, even though they have never really had a job and have never done a days graft in their entire existence.

Their mental problems just don't even compare to anyone else's due to the stress they are under doing nothing all day and spending other people's money, either taxpayer's, their husbands or ex husbands.

They are probably the most extremely busy people in the world, even though they have nothing to do with their time, other than self indulge, watch Jeremy Kyle, oh and drive around in their Range Rovers in peak traffic times, again for no particular reason.

They will know all the local acupuncturists, shrinks, therapists, quacks, you name it, on the continent or at least the most expensive.

They will have visited their GP's practice more times in the week, then there are days, even though nothing is evidently wrong with them.

Their pain thresholds and endurance levels are possibly the highest known to mankind, for example, they only need to seek emergency care at A&E via ambulance, when they break a nail.

And you want to join these crazy, manic, self obsessed, greed driven, beauty obsessed narcissists?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    You can try and infiltrate them, but when they find out the extent of lies and who you really are, ie. what sex you are.  They will crucify you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I tell you what.  Let's have a little practice on here first to prepare you, so you don't blow your cover.

oooo, my wrists are killing me typing this...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Sambostar;376983" said:
    Mumsnet women suffer everything worse than men.  So you might do well to get some advice on there.They will have walked 40km in a day (According to their fitness monitor wristband) whilst sedentarily watching Jeremy Kyle all day and driving the Range Rover about for an hour for no reason really, in peak traffic times of course.They will have experienced back pain like no one would believe, just by bending over to pick up the shopping or possibly just waking up from their afternoon slumber.  A bullet in the spine, or a herniated disc just won't compare to the pain they have to suffer.They will have experienced the most lethargy and fatigue from overwork and physical abuse of their bodies that is ever known to mankind, even though they have never really had a job and have never done a days graft in their entire existence.Their mental problems just don't even compare to anyone else's due to the stress they are under doing nothing all day and spending other people's money, either taxpayer's, their husbands or ex husbands.They are probably the most extremely busy people in the world, even though they have nothing to do with their time, other than self indulge, watch Jeremy Kyle, oh and drive around in their Range Rovers in peak traffic times, again for no particular reason.They will know all the local acupuncturists, shrinks, therapists, quacks, you name it, on the continent or at least the most expensive.They will have visited their GP's practice more times in the week, then there are days, even though nothing is evidently wrong with them.Their pain thresholds and endurance levels are possibly the highest known to mankind, for example, they only need to seek emergency care at A&E via ambulance, when they break a nail.And you want to join these crazy, manic, self obsessed, greed driven, beauty obsessed narcissists?

You missed out the catastrophic parking skills of said Range Rover wielding lunatics.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    jd0272 said:

You missed out the catastrophic parking skills of said Range Rover wielding lunatics.
    They can park very well. They just don't in public.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Looked at their acronyms

WRT must have been nicked as our maths lecturers used to use it for With Respect To.  I often use "wrt" when talking about an interval "wrt" a root, as some people get confused between the root of a scale, and a note from that scale which is selected to be the root of a chord that you're building.

It worries me somewhat that mumsnet apparently has so much influence. Do we really want a society that is influenced by a bunch of people who care more about nappies and baby buggies than anything else?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    I've always loved mumsnet since discovering what the top google hit is if you innocently try to find their view of center parcs. Just type "center parcs mumsnet" into google and enjoy.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mart said:
    I've always loved mumsnet since discovering what the top google hit is if you innocently try to find their view of center parcs. Just type "center parcs mumsnet" into google and enjoy.
    HAHAHAHAHA
    My V key is broken
    I am crying.... :))
    I could never be with a woman who won't "go to center parcs"
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    "Why not do some research into anal sex. You might find you like it."

WTF?? WhatTheVeryFuckingFuck? This is mumsnet! Are you quite normal? 
    Are you going to suggest I get into a leather outfit and take a shit on a glass coffee table next, because I might "like it".
    Dear Lord in heaven
    What an uptight ninny.
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mart said:

Fuck, walked into that one.........

:D