Pictures of you live

What's Hot

Comments

• Everything is better with a homemade Tele :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11023
    edited December 2023
    Last night at The Junction in Cambridge. I believe this was my totally necessary and appropriate two-handed tapping solo in Hot Stuff 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    wfs02989.jpeg 473.9K
  • Gallops gig at the Swansea fringe 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Wear a Xmas outfit!" they said. "It'll be really good fun!" they said....

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I feel sweaty just looking at it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I feel sweaty just looking at it.
    The whole band was wearing ridiculous outfits. It became a kind of "who's gonna blink first?" scenario in terms of seeing who would crack and take the hoods off. In the end we were all stubborn idiots and played the whole 2 sets + 3 encores dressed like twats, sweating out half our bodyweight! 

3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11023
    edited December 2023
    Here's some nice piccies of our Xmas party at The Junction in Cambridge. We had the core band and lots of guest guitarists, singers, drummer, keyboardist, piccolo, that sort of thing. It was a hoot.

Photographer is William Furniss, if anyone ever wants a brilliant photographer.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5406

Live in Bradford 
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3197
    A bit of weekend guitar bothering.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927

Very 1990 trousers there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3197
    the_jaffa said:

Very 1990 trousers there
     We played a corporate event last year that was “festival” themed, so I tried to find some flares and go in “Woodstock Hippie” type costume. I actually found it pretty hard to find a pair of flares for sale! It turned out they were really comfy, so they’ve kinda stuck as my stage trousers. They do get a surprising amount of attention, especially if I pair them with a green t-shirt and look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927
    That's cool. It wasn't a criticism by the way

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74388

Sorry for the low resolution - someone else's old camera phone.

This is me playing guitar in public for the first time in over ten years, with a singer who I haven't seen for.... 23 years. We were in a band in 1999-2001 - she's Canadian, was over here for a while, got married and went to New Zealand, got divorced and went back to Canada, and I never even thought for a minute we'd ever play together again until about six months ago when she said she was coming over for a few days and could we do a gig?!

I thought it wouldn't be easy to arrange, but this is a little one-off showcase gig put on by the weekly music club I go to who organised the whole thing, and by pure coincidence they chose the same week she was here - couldn't have planned it better on purpose.

We just had an hour or so round at her AirBnB in the afternoon to run through three of the songs from the album we made - which I had to learn on acoustic since they were full-band versions back then - and then went and did this...

... and it was amazing. Like the 23 years in between never happened.

Still buzzing :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    Haven't read all of the thread, has anyone done this joke yet?

https://youtu.be/FisFwXyKURY?si=IVrYKE9bNCA39eaV 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 517
    Some I've been freshly reminded of from an open mic night I did with my old singer whilst home on Xmas leave in 2006..

"Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967

This is 1985 I think and I'm gigging with my first proper amp, a Hiwatt Custom 100, guitar is Ibanez Roadstar II 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:

This is 1985 I think and I'm gigging with my first proper amp, a Hiwatt Custom 100, guitar is Ibanez Roadstar II 

You are John Deacon, and I claim my £5.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    DefaultM said:
    Haven't read all of the thread, has anyone done this joke yet?
    One of the three songs we played at the gig above is also called Picture Of You, although it has no relation to the Cure one .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom