Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

BIAS Desktop - advanced amp modelling

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepy said:
    I have Bias Desktop demo on my old Mac Pro at the mo, definitely buy it after xmas , runs a treat in logic and has no latency issues whatsoever , top product chaps :) love it.
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZtPositiveGridZtPositiveGrid Frets: 6
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys,

We started a contest on our Facebook page for a chance to win a copy of BIAS Desktop! ($199 version with Amp Match)

Just share a pic of your guitar next to JamUp app for iPad or iPhone. We'll select one random winner when this post reaches 1000 likes.

Great opportunity for those that want to try out BIAS !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Just share a pic of your guitar next to JamUp app for iPad or iPhone. We'll select one random winner when this post reaches 1000 likes.
    Just as a small point...most of the people who've been waiting for the desktop version are either Android users or people who don't want to run their guitar through an iDevice, and you're completely excluding them from the competition...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;413091" said:
    ZtPositiveGrid said:

Just share a pic of your guitar next to JamUp app for iPad or iPhone. We'll select one random winner when this post reaches 1000 likes.

Just as a small point...most of the people who've been waiting for the desktop version are either Android users or people who don't want to run their guitar through an iDevice, and you're completely excluding them from the competition...
    +1! I really want to try it and compare to pod farm but don't have that sort of money to drop.

Nevermind. :)

• Just share a pic of your guitar next to JamUp app for iPad or iPhone. We'll select one random winner when this post reaches 1000 likes.
    I get your point, we do have a free demo for users who are interested in trying out BIAS for desktop, and are still looking into an Android version.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited November 2014
    I'm sold. Looking to invest in an iPad Air 2 now that I've looked at a load of benchmarks for it and found it's actually pretty damn powerful. Planning on getting the 64 or 128gb version, a Focusrite iTack Dock pack, Cubasis, Bias, JamUp, Final Touch, and a KORG NanoPad/NanoKey type thing for Midi drums and synth.  

As a side note, would it be possible to disable cab emulation in BIAS, take the monitor out from the iTrack Dock, plug that into a power amp, and then the power amp into a 412 cab? Would turn BIAS into a VERY powerful live tool if so...
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IIRC you can turn off the cab sim in BIAS.

Which reminds me... I need to try it through my GT1000FX and Mesa cab.
    edited November 2014
    Nice :) If I can find a budget ish poweamp, I may be convinced to part with my Orange Dark Terror, Harley Benton 212 cab, Egnater tweaker 112 cab, and buy a power amp and used Orange PPC412. Hopefully due to the digital nature of iPads and power amps I could get a decent tone without having to crank it. Obviously it wont sound like the speakers are being pushed but should negate the need to drive the power stage of my Dark Terror. (which can - and has - resulted in temporary ringing in my ears) 

EDIT: Is there anywhere where there is a list of the amps recreated in Bias? 
    'Awibble'
  • I recently "invested in" (*snort*) an iPad Air 2 and an iTrack Dock, and have Bias and JamUp. I think they sound great. With a bit more time to experiment and a foot controller to change presets I'd seriously consider gigging with one.

You'd probably be better off sticking with the cab sim and using a powered full-range wedge for on-stage monitoring, IMO. 

R.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27521
    edited November 2014
    @ZtPositiveGrid

Slightly on-topic question but a direct link to PG team so hoping you can help. Is there a way to run only 2 power valves in BIAS for Ipad? I want to get hot-rodded AC15 and Princeton sounds but can't see an option.

Otherwise, keep up good work - been a Jamup user since V1 and it's the best ios modeller by far for me.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited November 2014
    @robinebowes So run Bias into the PA with one monitor out from the iTrack, and the other monitor out into something like this? http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ma82cl.htm
    'Awibble'
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Next version of Android is touted as supporting low latency usb audio interfaces. Once that hits, no doubt in my mind that everyone will go cross platform. Hopefully PositiveGrid are working towards that as we speak!
    edited November 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Next version of Android is touted as supporting low latency usb audio interfaces. Once that hits, no doubt in my mind that everyone will go cross platform. Hopefully PositiveGrid are working towards that as we speak!
    @Drew_fx This is why I was/am hesitant with an iPad, I dislike Apple and iOS but I don't have any android device as capable as an iPad Air 2 so I'd be restricted on tracks/plugins in Cubasis and would probably have difficulty running Bias, jamup and cubasis simultaneously. 
    Plus people have been using the iPad as a media production device for years now, most of the bugs are sorted making it far more stable than any Android release would be. Inter app audio interaction is near perfect on iOS now as well. 

I also have a single use £300 discount off pretty much anything right now, may as well get the Air 2 64gb for £180 ;) 

'Awibble'
  • Hertz32 said:
    @robinebowes So run Bias into the PA with one monitor out from the iTrack, and the other monitor out into something like this? http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ma82cl.htm
    Yeah, something like that. I'd go for a better quality monitor, and I'd probably go through a monitor desk so I could use the wedge for vocals too, but I am a sound engineer as well as a guitarist :)

R.
  • Hertz32 said:
    Drew_fx said:
    This is why I was/am hesitant with an iPad, I dislike Apple and iOS but I don't have any android device as capable as an iPad Air 2 so I'd be restricted on tracks/plugins in Cubasis and would probably have difficulty running Bias, jamup and cubasis simultaneously. 
    Plus people have been using the iPad as a media production device for years now, most of the bugs are sorted making it far more stable than any Android release would be. Inter app audio interaction is near perfect on iOS now as well. 

I also have a single use £300 discount off pretty much anything right now, may as well get the Air 2 64gb for £180 ;) 

Dang, how did you get that? :)

R.
    Hertz32 said:
    Drew_fx said:
    This is why I was/am hesitant with an iPad, I dislike Apple and iOS but I don't have any android device as capable as an iPad Air 2 so I'd be restricted on tracks/plugins in Cubasis and would probably have difficulty running Bias, jamup and cubasis simultaneously. 

Dang, how did you get that? :)

R.
    My father is in the military, and as a government apology for sending him into warzones (most recently Kabul) for 9 months at a time. I got £300 last year, and £300 this year (That's it though, never again) to send on something nice and useful. ie. I can't take the money and spend it on weed. 

'Awibble'
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6221
    Hi @ZtPositiveGrid, is there an upgrade path for Bias Desktop to the Professional version so that users who purchase the desktop version can, at a later date, if they are happy with it, pay the extra $100 dollars to get the Pro version ?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ZtPositiveGridZtPositiveGrid Frets: 6
    edited November 2014
    I recently "invested in" (*snort*) an iPad Air 2 and an iTrack Dock, and have Bias and JamUp. I think they sound great. With a bit more time to experiment and a foot controller to change presets I'd seriously consider gigging with one.

You'd probably be better off sticking with the cab sim and using a powered full-range wedge for on-stage monitoring, IMO. 

R.
    That's the setup I'm using when I play live with JamUp, works great.

@ZtPositiveGrid

Slightly on-topic question but a direct link to PG team so hoping you can help. Is there a way to run only 2 power valves in BIAS for Ipad? I want to get hot-rodded AC15 and Princeton sounds but can't see an option.

Otherwise, keep up good work - been a Jamup user since V1 and it's the best ios modeller by far for me.
    Not at this time, but will note that for future updates.

Drew_fx said:
    We'll see how that works out!

equalsql said:
    Hi @ZtPositiveGrid, is there an upgrade path for Bias Desktop to the Professional version so that users who purchase the desktop version can, at a later date, if they are happy with it, pay the extra $100 dollars to get the Pro version ?
    We are working on implementing that option!

Also, for those of you who have an iPad and are considering getting JamUp, BIAS or Final Touch, we have bundled them together as the “Guitar Production Bundle for iPad” for a special price, check out more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-bnLnkYtg!
    For those interested, it's £20.99 for the 3 app bundle. Which is half price ;) 

'Awibble'
  • Bloody hell!!

I just paid £14 for Bias and now they put an offer on!!  :(