What's Hot
13»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17758
    tFB Trader
    Ace thanks Viz you are a prince :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10758
    No worries - the slow version will be up in an hour or so ......
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5879
    Good luck with it @monquixote

Hope @viz has taken the pressure of a bit.

It's not easy to come up with something for that on the spot and if we could all play like Skunk Baxter or E.V.H we wouldn't be playing Pubs and Clubs.

This is the part of my message I really wanted to emphasise.

"I think your band should be more mindful of what you are comfortable with playing though. If you ain't comfortable with having to do "Van Halen" style, then they should respect whatever you come up with on the night."

They know you're more of a Funk Guitarist and not a Shredder, I thought it a bit unfair to expect you to do it. Likewise, the Band I'm in know what the reply would be if they asked me to do a Matt Bellamy tapping style solo.

:-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    I didn't exactly take the pressure off, I offered up some 100 mph 6-fingered tapping stuff lolll - but I know Monq's got the fingers for it :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17758
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    I didn't exactly take the pressure off, I offered up some 100 mph 6-fingered tapping stuff lolll - but I know Monq's got the fingers for it :)
    I now have a brilliant solo to play, but I'm too stupid to play it :)
    viz said:
    Offered assistance then :-)

Go rip it up @monquixote

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3061
    Oooh, can I have a ganders at the video too? We do Hot Stuff, and I generally like the original solo, but I'm not averse to throwing in a bit of OTT fireworks :D

R.
    Well .... ok :) please bear in mind that I threw it together in a couple of minutes, plus I couldn't hear the backing track while playing hence my very poor timing! :(

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3061
    Brilliant, thanks!
    Crikey, very tasty.

edited March 2015
    Thank you :) it's all simple stuff but I like the way it uses the whole fretboard.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited March 2015
    Lol hardly!! Question is, how's Monq getting on with his solo?