Fender 65 Deluxe RI

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72425
    edited March 2017
    james said:

I'll give that a try. What do I jumper to what? Normal 2 to Reverb 1?
    Yes.

57Deluxe said:
    you need a phase correcting cable to jumper Deluxe and Super Reverbs...
    No, you just need to set the volumes not too similar to each other - you want to do that anyway to avoid reintroducing too much brightness via the vibrato channel. The idea is really just to use the vibrato channel as a side chain.

A phase-correcting cable - assuming you mean the sort you would use with a speaker cab - won't work with signal inputs anyway. You would need an audio transformer to reverse the phase.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @ICBM What the fuck. You've just blown my mind.

I've just tried this on my 68 CDR and it's fucking great. I've dialled the treb and bass down to about 2 on the Custom Channel, and then dialled in the treb and bass on the vintage channel (7 and 4 respecitively). I now essentially have channel 1 as a dialable mid-range channel.

How does the EQ work on these amps? Are they Baxandall type tone stacks?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're thinking of buying new, I'd consider £2-300 more on a Rift Amps Fender Clone! Really, a relatively modest increase for much higher quality, hand-wired, easily maintainable etc.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72425
    edited March 2017
    How does the EQ work on these amps? Are they Baxandall type tone stacks?
    No, the standard 'guitar amp' type. Not many guitar amps actually use Baxandalls (or the simpler 'James') type - although old Oranges are one example.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @ICBM What the fuck. You've just blown my mind.

I've just tried this on my 68 CDR and it's fucking great. I've dialled the treb and bass down to about 2 on the Custom Channel, and then dialled in the treb and bass on the vintage channel (7 and 4 respecitively). I now essentially have channel 1 as a dialable mid-range channel
    I've just tried this. 

HOW BLOODY BRILLIANT IS THAT!?! Really brings drive pedals alive.