Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

One brand only...?

What's Hot

Comments

• Boss, Ibanez and ISP for me, cos that's all I have on my board (tuner, OD and noisegate) Keep it simple!

I do own other Boss pedals though such as the SD-1 and DD-6 delay but I don't use them much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    ThorpyFX said:
    juansolo said:
    Cabicular said:
    Just waiting for @ThorpyFX to do a delay and a flanger and I'm all set!

I'd be surprised if you see a Thorpy Flanger. Flangers are very complex pedals. 
    Why the surprise? I am working on an analog flanger, a chorus,  a phaser, etc.... they are indeed complex and we need to get the balance right between a commercially available product that isn't too functionally complex and therefore too costly. This unfortunately is taking a lot of time to get right, however myself and Dan Coggins are confident it'll be right once finalised.... otherwise i won't bother. oh, that and I have a whole load of Nos Analog BBD chips I want to utilise :)
    I'm in
  • I exclusively use Glab, Boss, Eventide, TC and Donner, Bright Onion...oh and Jim Dunlop. 

Hate those Mix and Match guys.

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28346
    Line6 - I'd have a Helix and a Helix LT.
    ICBM said:
    Since I decided I would never again own a pedal with a metal click switch (the Dunlop doesn't really count because I like it), it became fairly easy to just go to all-Boss… although I wouldn't rule out a 9-series Ibanez of some sort.
    Corrected the bit in italics. ;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Darkglass.
    They don't do an octave pedal which is the only other thing I'd want. Otherwise I agree they've got it nailed for bass sounds.

Would happily use all Boss for guitar, except I like the ISP Decimators for noise gates 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72383
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Since I decided I would never again own a pedal with a metal click switch (the Dunlop doesn't really count because I like it), it became fairly easy to just go to all-Boss… although I wouldn't rule out a 9-series Ibanez of some sort.
    Ha :).

Not really... my objections to metal click switches are that they're unreliable - this one is a SPST so it shouldn't be anything like as bad as a 3PDT or even a DPDT; that they cause clicks if used in the signal path - this one operates a buffered switching system like a Boss; and that I hate the feel of them when I play with bare feet - the wah treadle stops this. So none of the reasons really apply.

But I may still be tempted to give a Boss V-Wah another go...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SporkySporky Frets: 28346
    edited August 2017
    I like the FT-2 with an expression pedal as a wah.

In answer to the original question, I'm close - Line 6 Helix is the only effect, but I do have a Source Audio Reflex to control it...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Yes, I'm a mentalist and quite often go all one brand of pedal, with EHX being the most recent bent....I'm back on an even keel now but still have 3 Thorpyfx 's  on my board  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    I have a strymon board of three at the moment, not really a board!

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:

Not really... my objections to metal click switches are that they're unreliable - this one is a SPST so it shouldn't be anything like as bad as a 3PDT or even a DPDT; that they cause clicks if used in the signal path - this one operates a buffered switching system like a Boss; and that I hate the feel of them when I play with bare feet - the wah treadle stops this. So none of the reasons really apply.

I'll save you the bother .. it's terrible
    its their weird Achilles heel
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    Boss makes a more conventional wah now, the PW-3. Never tried one so I have no idea how they sound, but I like the enclosure much more than a traditional Vox or Cry Baby—it’s the same design as the Boss FV-30 compact volume pedals.
  • Even as  big boss fan I hated the V-Wah. 

Horrible switching and sounded yuck. 
    That's what I thought I remembered :). Forget that idea then...

The PW-3 looks like it may be worth trying. I didn't know about it - slightly confusing name, when the PW-2 is a distortion pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    My board has 7 pedals and 4 of them are Fulltone. They just work well for me. 

I have a Budda Wah and I'm tempted to get rid of that and get a Fulltone wah in too. 
  • ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:

hippy. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Maybe an all MXR board. Carbon Copy, Echoplex, M300 Reverb, a couple of their drives. But I have none of their pedals so what am I blathering about. Thought about an all-Boss mini-board for a while, but not just now.
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    5/9 on my board is Xotic 

EP / AC / RC / SL / XW1
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    ThorpyFX said:
    juansolo said:
    Cabicular said:
    Just waiting for @ThorpyFX to do a delay and a flanger and I'm all set!

I'd be surprised if you see a Thorpy Flanger. Flangers are very complex pedals. 
    Why the surprise? I am working on an analog flanger, a chorus,  a phaser, etc.... they are indeed complex and we need to get the balance right between a commercially available product that isn't too functionally complex and therefore too costly. This unfortunately is taking a lot of time to get right, however myself and Dan Coggins are confident it'll be right once finalised.... otherwise i won't bother. oh, that and I have a whole load of Nos Analog BBD chips I want to utilise :)
    So, the synopsis- there's a delay with the delays.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    ICBM said:

I know they get a lot of derision but I used one for ages and it's fine as long as you just stick with the wah and leave the distortion alone.  (Although if anyone could get a usable sound from it I guess it would be you!)  I put the precaution of a big blob of blu-tack on the distortion knob to stop it accidentally switching on. 
    The wah is perfectly wah-y with some varied voicing; the distortion is seriously... unique.*

* Never one to let a potential spam go just PM if you want to buy my old one.  And I could even supply another blob of blu-tack if required!
    Hmmm…

PM'd

:)