Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240 said:
    Melodyne updates on discount this week,

I've been looking at Melodyne, is it good/worth it?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    edited May 2021
    spark240 said:

I updated Melodyne Editor 4 to 5 fairly recently. The Editor version does what I need.

I originally got Melodyne because I fancied having a go at vocals and I need as much help as I can get. I'm not sure even Melodyne can help me. However, I have found it useful for other reasons.

1) It's very good as a non-real time audio to midi converter. I've converted melodies played on guitar (including the bends) to midi to drive VSTi's
    2) To help detect/confirm the notes in a part I'm working out by ear, but am unsure of some of the exact notes.
    3) When I've played a guitar solo I like, but there might be slight pitching errors. Melodyne can fix that. It can be used to edit timing as well, but I usually edit the track directly in Reaper for that.
    4) Editing string squeaks, so they're not so obvious. But sometimes I use a spectral editor for that.

It's not a competition.
  • Thanks @stratman3142 that's very helpful! I may jump on essentials at some point.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    edited May 2021
    Thanks @stratman3142 that's very helpful! I may jump on essentials at some point.

I described capabilities of the Editor version. Check the version comparison tables. I'm not sure that Essentials does what I described.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142 said:
    Thanks @stratman3142 that's very helpful! I may jump on essentials at some point.

I described capabilities of the Editor version. Check the version comparison tables. I'm not sure that Essentials does what I described.

Fair one, will do, mate!

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    mrkb said:
    Siejen said:
    Everything waves at $29.99 today apparently 
    https://www.waves.com/plugins
    and tomorrow. and the next day..and tuesday 14th 2032....

Also I'm refusing to buy any more waves until they sort their act out with 2nd install licenses. 
    I’d love to find anyone that’s managed to pay full price and ask them how they managed it!
    Maybe where Waves basically tried entrapment tactics to extort money from users about 15 years ago?

If I recall correctly, they would approach small studios pretending to be an artist and stipulate they wanted to use Waves plugins on a session. When they turned up at the studio, if the studio was using cracked versions, they would threaten them with legal action unless they bought them. I'm probably misremembering half of the story, but at the time it sounded like a pretty shitty trick, and I've never used Waves on principal. *

* I don't use or condone using cracked software. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    spark240 said:

I have Melodyne Studio V5.

If your DAW supports ARA then it is a no-brainer.
    Have a look here:

https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/melodyneStudio5/en/M5tour_LogicARA_InsertVorbereitungen?env=logic

I no longer own an Autotune license- Melodyne has a bit of a learning curve but it is absolutely worth the money.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    All the Moog iOS apps are free today, apparently in celebration of Bob Moog's birthday. And so is the Model 15 Audio Unit, although as I understand it it's an AUv3 so might only work in Logic/GarageBand. (FWIW, I can see it in Live, but haven't got it to load.)
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3472
    edited May 2021
    Apparently Reaper can do AUv3, I googled it yesterday as a result of that very deal. I've yet to try it. Standalone sounds nice though.

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Spitfire Audio Sale this week. 

Has anybody tried Hans Zimmer Drums or The Grange Drums?
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    A bit premature this one, but it's expected that Native Instruments' annual Summer Of Sound event will kick off soon.  The usual affair is 50% off upgrades. 

If you were planning on pulling the trigger on an upgrade, it'll be worth waiting a little while.  I'm planning on upgrading from 11 Ultimate to 13.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7294
    Im on 11 as well...whats the draw in 12? I guess you get massive X in addition to massive..anything else sexy?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Im on 11 as well...whats the draw in 12? I guess you get massive X in addition to massive..anything else sexy?
    13 is the current version.  For me, the draw is that Guitar Rig 6 is now in there, plus Noire.  I also like their Pharlight/Mysteria/Straylight instruments.

The upgrade from 11 to 12 wasn't worth the jump, but there's enough now in 13 for me to consider it.
    not fussed on guitar rig..i have more than enough amp sims. :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Eventide Plugins are 60% off in most outlets, including the Eventide website, ADSR and Plugin Boutique, though the latter seemed to add some markup and ADSR checkout process doesn't work, so I bought direct!

not fussed on guitar rig..i have more than enough amp sims. :)
    @polarityman, what ones do you recommend?

Right now I'm using alot of ampltube 5 but I also really like the brainworx VH4 and ampeg, helix native and parallaax, STL tonality still gets wheeled out fairly regularly too. If I was going to buy another one it would prob be archetype: gojira.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    tbh anything except bias...thats a piece of shit
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @PolarityMan agree, I don't like bias either. Hit me up if you want my copy of Gojira. 

• duotoneduotone Frets: 987
    Spitfire Audio has a new free LABS: Bass Guitar available.

Ranging from smooth and soulful to punchy and driven, these classic bass sounds have been recorded by Spitfire Audio's Leo Wyatt, and re-amped through a vintage Ampeg at Hackney’s Premises Studios. With four presets and seven controls, this versatile LABS classic will add depth and rhythm to your tracks.”

https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/bass-guitar
    Bod said:
    A bit premature this one, but it's expected that Native Instruments' annual Summer Of Sound event will kick off soon.  The usual affair is 50% off upgrades. 

If you were planning on pulling the trigger on an upgrade, it'll be worth waiting a little while.  I'm planning on upgrading from 11 Ultimate to 13.
    The sale is now live.